Decathlon 2022 Preparation

Hi everyone - I’ll close the polls and present the first 7 games as a Christmas gift for everyone, but there are still a few people who haven’t voted in the rank voting, so please cast your votes if you have not done so yet!

@Codington final list would be good, so we can watch out for anything new to the Decathlon that might go on sale in the next week.

3 Likes

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas Eve! :slight_smile:

In the first run-off ranked poll, Star Realms is a clear winner based on the number of people that chose it as a 1st or 2nd choice… Again, I’ll include Neuroshima and possibly some of the others for voting on the final 3 games of the Decathlon when we get there.

We still have a deadlock in the Worker Placement vote and fewer than the usual 20 or so voters, so please go vote if you haven’t already (and be sure to order all 4 choices since that was the whole point of this style of voting!)

Otherwise, I may just include both Raiders of the North Sea and Le Havre because they are both great, both new to the Decathlon, and clearly we love our Worker Placement games here! (Happy to hear any feedback on that, as always.)

So, here’s the rough order of games barring any change in the final votes - I’m trying to sprinkle the new games in and also avoid two heavier games in a row.

Event Game Weight Target Month
Fighting Star Realms 1.94 January
Worker Placement ? ? February
Action Choice Wingspan 2.44 March
Economic Through the Ages 4.41 April/May
Puzzle Sagrada 1.92 May
Vote For Final Games June
Area Control Gaia Project 4.36 June/July
Tile Placement Castles of Burgundy 3.00 August

@feederofgoats @jason1002 @kennfusion @Baelnor @Hardco @irishdomer08 @Schlotzky @geigerm @KYakerDude @HostileApostle @JHTaube @doublebullout @JaneHatke @JMH.75 @js619 @johnl @SpiceTheCat @whovian223 @Mirefox @JammaTal

I’ll give it another few days and then start the actual 2022 Decathlon thread to gather any extra sign-ups. In the meantime, please let me know if you plan to participate!

Happy gaming and I hope Santa leaves all of you a game (or three!) under the tree… :wink:

4 Likes

3 Likes

That’s how I roll, too!

1 Like

Time to go take advantage of that Gaia Project sale …

3 Likes

Might want to pick up Concordia just in case too… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I have it on good authority that Le Havre will be on sale over Christmas! :wink:

1 Like

Just picked up Gaia Project. Looking forward to another decathlon, count me in.

1 Like

I’ll try to improve in year 2!!

I’m in. Can’t wait!

Gaia Project bought. Concordia might have to as well

Ok, it seems there are no more votes coming in for the tie-breaker ballots, and Le Havre and Raiders of the North Sea are still deadlocked. So, I’m going to go ahead and include them both.

I looked at weighting and “newness” of games again, and I am going to suggest the following order for these first 8 games:

Sagrada
Le Havre
Wingspan
Gaia Project
Raiders of the North Sea
Through the Ages
Star Realms
Castles of Burgundy

I will post a new thread for the 2022 Decathlon later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

1 Like

I feel like Le Havre and Raiders are different enough. Granted, I haven’t played Le Havre for a couple of years.

1 Like

Organizing Le Havre practice games in the Decathlon Practice Arena already! :smile:

I am in it to win it!

Hey everyone - thoughts on switching to 4P tables if we can’t find a 21st player?

I would suggest scoring of 5/3/2/1 in that case.

Doesn’t seem too bad but I can always count on you all to point out flaws in what might be a dumb idea. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I dont mind 4 players, might be interesting!

I know NH isn’t in the decathlon for this year, but in case we’re considering it for game 9 or 10 everyone should be aware that every time they release a patch it breaks existing games…

1 Like

Which is really annoying!

2 Likes