Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

To be fair the notifications were good. Almost always though the app would freeze when I opened it. If I’d only recently taken a turn all would be okay but definitely not if I’d changed wifi networks.

Weird, I don’t remember Raiders of the North Sea winning any vote. I would have bought it already and tried to learn how to play.

I have to do the same with Gaia Project, if I don’t force close it, I don’t get notifications.

@feederofgoats I always just force quit after taking my turn in Gaia Project, and that solves that problem.

are we talking about closing down the app against leaving it reside in background?

well, that might explain the difference in behavior, because i always close down apps after having played my turns.

Same. I force close everything constantly. I’ve not had any problems with Gaia Project notifications.

1 Like

See the list at the top of this thread. :wink:

And here’s the original preparation thread…

1 Like

as usual, I am an idiot

LOL not at all - it was a little lost in the shuffle.

Nothing revolutionary, but a thought just occurred to me: if you’re struggling with notifications, use your device’s Reminder or Alarm app to set a time to check your game. It’s not ideal, but it can help.

3 Likes

In case it’s not too late for some of you, Raiders of the North Sea is on sale. :smile:

Once again checking in with Table 5… any chance we can move on to the next game at the end of this week?

@Caradog
@Notsew12345
@JaneHatke

Coming towards the end of round 4.

Oof. Ok, well, thanks for the update, however 10 days per round is really holding us up. I’m going to go ahead and assign you all 3 points and seed the next round (game 5) accordingly in the next day or so here. Once you have a result, please post it and I’ll adjust the standings for game 6 seeding.

Just to reiterate, since I haven’t heard any confirmation from your table about having put any help in place to move things along: starting a private message thread to notify each other of turn change, or setting a daily timer might help to ensure you check your turn daily. This is likely going to be necessary for Wingspan as it only has banner notifications, not persistent badges.

I don’t want to be a tyrant, but I also need to consider the enjoyment and engagement of the other participants here - I trust you all understand, but feel free to send me a private message if this doesn’t seem fair to you.

@Caradog
@Notsew12345
@JaneHatke

4 Likes

Hi everyone - well Gaia Project turned out to be a big project indeed, but it was nice to get another new game into the mix.

Our fifth game is returning from winter migration, but comes with some birds of a different feather in the form of a recent expansion. Wingspan is currently ranked #24 overall on BGG and is still #1 in the Family category! And it should hopefully be less of a project with its 2.43 / 5.00 Complexity rating…

In case you haven’t played, here’s a decent video:

The first person at each table will please start a Custom Game with the tiered Goal Mat (marked “2/1/3”) and random Order (criss-crossing arrows.) The European expansion is a nice one and doesn’t require much more of a learning curve, but is not required by any means - decide among yourselves.

Please capture and post a screenshot of all final scoring details as they will be used to break any ties.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Here are the tables, in standing order:

Table 1
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@feederofgoats

Table 2
@doublebullout
@SpiceTheCat
@Schlotzky

Table 3
@kennfusion
@geigerm
@whovian223

Table 4
@irishdomer08
@HostileApostle
@Codington

Table 5
@Caradog
@Hardco
@Notsew12345

Table 6
@JaneHatke
@jason1002
@js619

Table 7
@Mirefox
@JHTaube
@johnl

1 Like

@js619, @jason1002, would you like to play the base game or expansion?

I’m ok either way - I’ve never played the expansions but would like to, but whatever you guys prefer tbh.

1 Like

I have played one game of this . I am willing to play with the expansion

Table 6 invites out with European expansion

1 Like

Table 4 invite out with expansion

@Codington
@HostileApostle

Happy birding!

1 Like

Table 2 @SpiceTheCat @Schlotzky, want to play with the expansion or no?