Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

Hi everyone!

2021 is passing fast away, so it’s time for another Stately Play Decathlon - 10 great async mobile board games in (roughly) 10 months! This is your chance to sign up and also to see what games we will play, etc. Please indicate/confirm your interest with a reply here.

The first matchups will be announced early in January (possibly right away if we have enough interest by Sat/Sun) so sign up soon!

As in previous Decathlons, we will play at “tables” of 3 players. In the case of 2 player only games, each pairing will play each other once. Points will be rewarded based on the outcome of the games, with overall winner(s) of the Decathlon being decided by total points accumulated over the ten games.

Table groups will be determined based on standings to that point (top players will play each other.)

Changes from the last Decathlon:

• The 9th and 10th game will be voted on somewhere around the start of the 6th game to allow for new releases to be considered

Tie-break for each game will be determined by the apps as usual. Tie-break for the standings of the Decathlon will be # of first place finishes and falling back to a second tie-break of record against the other player.

Here are the games, in proposed order of play:

Sagrada
Le Havre
Wingspan
Gaia Project
Raiders of the North Sea

Through the Ages
Star Realms
Castles of Burgundy
“Game 9” (To Be Determined)
“Game 10” (To Be Determined)

I think that’s it, but feel free to ask for any additional details, of course!

Here’s who has confirmed their interest so far:

@Codington
@kennfusion
@Mirefox
@geigerm
@Schlotzky
@HostileApostle
@Baelnor
@JaneHatke
@irishdomer08
@js619
@feederofgoats
@doublebullout
@SpiceTheCat
@JMH.75
@JHTaube
@whovian223
@johnl
@jason1002
@geigerm
@Hardco
@Caradog

2 Likes

I’m interested in playing also.

1 Like

Sign me up!

1 Like

Thought I was signed up already but count me in!

1 Like

Deal me in!

1 Like

I‘m in :+1:

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

Sure, I’ll join again

1 Like

I’m in! thank you for organizing again.

1 Like

I would like to be in this again

1 Like

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Alright, let’s do this!

1 Like

One more player (or 4! or 7! :wink: ) needed to round out the 3P tables here - commence respectful persuasion of anyone you think might be interested in the 2022 Decathlon!

@SpiceTheCat persuaded me! Looking forward to it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome @Caradog and thanks @SpiceTheCat!

1 Like

In the interests of full disclosure, @Caradog is my brother, against whom I have a 100% loss rate at Le Havre. This may not have helped my chances of finishing further up the table this year. :smile:

4 Likes

The Cat’s brother is a dog!?! :astonished:

5 Likes

Hmm… I’ll decide later whether that means I should or should not seed you at a table together… :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Says the fox… :wink:

1 Like