Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

One heads up on Gaia Project - based on the practice games I’ve been in, notifications are terrible (where have I heard that before) so we may need to leverage Discord or private SP messages - or just make sure to check for your turn daily!

1 Like

Or pick a different game, because I am ABSOLUTELY terrible at it!

2 Likes

Bueller? Bueller?

We’re getting there

@whovian223 over @Notsew12345 2-1

Don’t remember the first game score that I lost.
Game 2: Whovian223 wins 46 to -9
Game 3: whovian223 wins 4 to -1

Good games! I thought I was dead that last one

1 Like

Hello again everyone! Well, we are definitely a little behind in the schedule… and the next game is not likely to help with that ( :wink: ) but I hope everyone is having fun so far!

At #7 in both Overall and Strategy rank on BGG, with an average rating of 8.5, Gaia Project was one of the most anticipated iOS adaptations of 2021.

With a weight of 4.37 on BGG, it’s no surprise that there were some mixed responses to the app, but the general consensus seems to have settled on the good outweighing the less-than-good although nothing can really change the fact this is a fairly heavy game.

To help anyone who hasn’t played before, here are a couple of “How To Play” videos:

Quick Overview

Tutorial & Playthrough

Table groupings by rank are below as usual. The first person at each table will please connect with the other two players and create a “Casual Game” via the usual Digidiced mechanism. (Note that you may need to create a new account or migrate your existing Digidiced account.)

Recommended Settings (with the usual caveat that each table is free to decide for themselves)

• Shuffle Players
  • Turn Order By Passing
  • Delay Passive Power Charging [Edit]
  • Players choose their Faction
  • 9 Sectors (a little tighter for 3P game)

The winner of each game will please post a screenshot of the final scoring display.

Happy gaming!

Table 1
@doublebullout
@JMH.75
@feederofgoats

Table 2
@SpiceTheCat
@whovian223
@Baelnor

Table 3
@HostileApostle
@geigerm
@Schlotzky

Table 4 (a.k.a. “King of the Hill” table :wink: )
@Hardco
@kennfusion
@Codington

Table 5
@Caradog
@Notsew12345
@JaneHatke

Table 6
@irishdomer08
@JHTaube
@jason1002

Table 7
@js619
@johnl
@Mirefox

2 Likes

speaking of KoTH…if you are not already part of our league, please considering joining. It looks complicated, but is really not.
King of the Hill

2 Likes

yes! it was an intentional shout-out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, looking further ahead, the European Expansion for the Wingspan app looks like it’s been released in the App Store. :smile:

2 Likes

It has! And it’s great so far.

I’ll be doing a review of it for Monday.

2 Likes

@Codington, i heavily recommend to activate the setting option
“DELAY PASSIVE POWER CHARGING”!
this stroke of genius makes the game flow so much faster (without taking away anything from the quality).

should be a must-have for Terra Mystica too. or has it already been installed by an update?

1 Like

Thanks, @JammaTal for keeping an eye on things from afar!

I’ve added this to the recommended settings. Hopefully it’s not too late for some tables at least.

@Caradog, @Notsew12345, please accept the friend request

@SpiceTheCat I have tried friending you, if you accept I should be able to start the game

1 Like

Friend requests pending for @JMH.75 and @feederofgoats

@Caradog, it looks like you rejected my friend request.

@Notsew12345, @Caradog, anyone at Table 5 playing Gaia Project? I’m still trying to get friend requests accepted so we can set up game and play.

@Notsew12345 said he accepted back when you sent the request but I’ll reach out to him again.

Caradog is the one that did not accept invite.

Just checking in to make sure tables are underway (other than the activity above, of course…)

Let me know if you have questions or issues.