Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

Also, looking further ahead, the European Expansion for the Wingspan app looks like it’s been released in the App Store. :smile:

2 Likes

It has! And it’s great so far.

I’ll be doing a review of it for Monday.

2 Likes

@Codington, i heavily recommend to activate the setting option
“DELAY PASSIVE POWER CHARGING”!
this stroke of genius makes the game flow so much faster (without taking away anything from the quality).

should be a must-have for Terra Mystica too. or has it already been installed by an update?

1 Like

Thanks, @JammaTal for keeping an eye on things from afar!

I’ve added this to the recommended settings. Hopefully it’s not too late for some tables at least.

@Caradog, @Notsew12345, please accept the friend request

@SpiceTheCat I have tried friending you, if you accept I should be able to start the game

1 Like

Friend requests pending for @JMH.75 and @feederofgoats

@Caradog, it looks like you rejected my friend request.

@Notsew12345, @Caradog, anyone at Table 5 playing Gaia Project? I’m still trying to get friend requests accepted so we can set up game and play.

@Notsew12345 said he accepted back when you sent the request but I’ll reach out to him again.

Caradog is the one that did not accept invite.

Just checking in to make sure tables are underway (other than the activity above, of course…)

Let me know if you have questions or issues.

Sorry - that’s accepted now.

New Table 1 invite out.

That was a surprising move, @JHTaube, grabbing that Gaia planet so far from the rest of your settlements, and just 2 spaces from me. I was waiting on going there since there was no one else around .

You spent $8 as Hadash Halas to get 8 power , to convert it to 2 QIC, you also used a special “range +3 action” to get even more range than the QICs were giving you. You got points from the round bonus , and Gaia planets count for points at the end of our game . I hope it was worth it. You are kinda spent for the rest of this round

1 Like

Table 6 getting spicy!

For all you Dad jokers in the crowd, I believe Gaia Project puts a whole new spin on the phrase “power move”! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

@jason1002
I think you just noticed how ignorant I am at this game.
Terra Mystica I managed to get my head around but this one has more currencies … harder to plan.

If nothing else … maybe a curve ball or two will make for an interesting play.

1 Like

No, It was fine. You got Round points and end game points. Plus you kept me from getting that Gaia planet

1 Like

I still struggle a bit with this one too. I just saw one of those newfangled Gaiaformers in our current game for the first time! I’ve still never tried them myself.

I also think when I learned Terra Mystica, I was taught that you could cycle power “at any time”, and I still find myself expecting to be able to do that (which may not actually be the rule), despite that being impossible to code into an asynchronous game.

you can cycle power when it’s your turn by “exchange”. as much and often as you want and is possible.
it’s a special action and doesn’t count as your move.

so i guess you mean “passive power charging”?
that happens during turns of other players and interrupts the game each time.
ok at the table but nasty in an async game.
Terra Mystica does it that way, but it doesn’t enable you to take an instant turn action anyways. that’s not in the rules (not in TM and not in GP). you just have to decide if you want to trade in VPs for charging power or not. that’s it.

so it’s a great feature to delay the decision for passive power charging till your turn comes up. it doesn’t take away anything from the gameplay value but makes the game much faster by eliminating many unnecessary breaks.

or did i get you wrong and you were speaking about something totally different?