Stately Citizen Journalism

Agreed.

I see both, sometimes. There’s times I think they were just dumb, then there’s other times — like with how hyper-overtuned both Hunter and Paladin are — and I think, “this is totally on purpose.”

1 Like

Ugh. I always feel dirty when I visit BGG, but …

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/108139/roll-galaxy-root-cartographers-and-more-geek-digit

4 Likes

now i’m totally hyped for Gaia Project.

thx for the great link, @TheDukester.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure BGG feels the same way when you visit…
:wink:

2 Likes

Nobody told me Sagrada was this good.
I blame you all.

1 Like

I suppose I shouldn’t point out this thread, huh… :wink:

4 Likes

Still your fault :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hoping people doesn’t mind, I took the liberty to grab all Sagrada nicknames from the tournament and added you as a friend.
If you fancy it, accept my friendship and let’s play!!! Just be gentle, I’m still learning :wink:

3 Likes

Looks interesting.

@trzewik: This weekend a new app from @PortalGamesDigi releases. A two player asymetric card game designed by Ignacy Trzewiczek. https://twitter.com/trzewik/status/1300837635598974977/video/1

3 Likes

I believe it is an older tabletop game. I was always curious because I think it takes place in the Neiroshima Hex universe but I’ve never tried it.

It was originally just called “The Convoy”, so they must have renamed it to make it more obvious it was in the Neuroshima Hex universe. I don’t think it was very popular when it was released, but maybe it will make a good head-to-head digital game.

1 Like

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower dropped yesterday.
Haven’t tried it. Looks like there’s gold and stones to purchase which doesn’t bode well but I’ll be giving it a try.

2 Likes

Let us know. The other two were merely OK in my books and adopting a f2p model is a very large step in the very wrong direction for me, but I’ll approach it with an open mind.

Maybe, but I don’t know if I’d hold my breath. What were Portal’s last releases? IS Roll & Write and Tides of Time before that? Neither had multiplayer of any kind.

@Mirefox I played the beta and it’s more of the same from the dev who did the WH40K that was good but with the f2p cards, and WHQ2 that was a trash fire. This is also a F2P mess, not particularly challenging, visually very nice is the best I can say. Didn’t get very far in the beta as there wasn’t a challenge at all - not sure what happens when you delve deeper, but I was already meh from their previous releases and the multiple f2p currencies really turned me off.

Caveat emptor, can’t recommend it.

3 Likes

They inherited the Neuroshima Hex multiplayer code when they took ownership of that app, so maybe it will make a decent starting point? At least they are launching with online play instead of promising that it will be added later.

1 Like

Ok, @Hardco and @robthomasson for Root.

Anybody else?

I’ll start a game with us tomorrow night if nobody else joins.

Sorry for the delay. Been having computer issues

and then they ruined the async multiplayer thoroughly.
much later they promised on FB to fix it but never did.
i will not touch a Portal game again before they restore NHex to former glory.

I’ve already deleted WHQ:ST. It’s just turn based tactics in a series of set scenarios with incremental rewards of gold or coins or whatever the hell.
It became clear very fast that scenarios could be stacked against you at any moment, requiring you to spend money to get gear and progress. It’s obvious.

There’s almost no board game feel to it. Just thrash it out in a series of hits or misses on square tiles.

Something about the clash of clans style loot chests that pop up and open as reward at the end of a “scenario”, with a display of gems, rubies and coins as loot feels so wrong for a Warhammer game. It’s like “Warhammer Art and IP, let me introduce you to CoC monetary system…ok looks like we got ourselves a game then!”

3 Likes

:face_vomiting: