Sagrada Tournament master thread

The first SP competitive glazing tournament is underway. We have 11 artisans ready to show their colours.

The list as randomised by random.org is;

1. @JHTaube JHTaube + 5104
  2. @Mirefox Mirefox+9516
  3. @robthomasson
  4. @irishdomer08 irishdomer08+5342
  5. @JaneHatke JaneHatke+3746
  6. @geigerm geigerm+9196
  7. @js619
  8. @Hardco Hardco+5944.
  9. @whovian223
  10. @SpiceTheCat SpiceTheCat+0054
  11. @johnl john1325+9048

I’ve included the player codes that I can find, although I don’t think you need them to actually add a friend?

How it will work

As promised, this will be a simple round robin where you will play everyone else once. Each round you will send one invitation and receive one, and at the end of 5 rounds everyone will have played 10 games.

The table below shows who you will invite in each round. For example, in round 1, @JHTaube will invite @johnl and I will invite @whovian223. When you complete your games, send out your next round invitation. Hopefully this will keep the pace gentle and avoid anyone getting too swamped.

1 point will be awarded for a win and 0 points for a loss. At the end of the tournament, the artisan with the most points is deemed the most artisanal and awarded the SP Master Glazier trophy.

If there is a 2-way tie in the final table, ranking will be decided on the result of the match between the two players. If there’s a multi-way tie that can’t be broken by match results, the ranking will be decided on total points scored throughout the tournament. If after that there’s still a tie, somehow, everybody involved will play a playoff game to finally resolve the tie. I do not expect this to happen…

Artisan Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5
JHTaube johnl SpiceTheCat whovian223 Hardco js619
Mirefox JHTaube johnl SpiceTheCat whovian223 Hardco
robthomasson Mirefox JHTaube johnl SpiceTheCat whovian223
irishdomer08 robthomasson Mirefox JHTaube johnl SpiceTheCat
JaneHatke irishdomer08 robthomasson Mirefox JHTaube johnl
geigerm JaneHatke irishdomer08 robthomasson Mirefox JHTaube
js619 geigerm JaneHatke irishdomer08 robthomasson Mirefox
Hardco js619 geigerm JaneHatke irishdomer08 robthomasson
whovian223 Hardco js619 geigerm JaneHatke irishdomer08
SpiceTheCat whovian223 Hardco js619 geigerm JaneHatke
johnl SpiceTheCat whovian223 Hardco js619 geigerm

Report the results including the scores here and let me know if anything goes astray.

Good luck!

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder that you do not get a notification for friend invites, so check in from time to time to see what new friends you have!

@JHTaube, I sent a friend request and will start up our game when accepted.

It does appear you need the actual code to add friends. I’ve invited several of you; if your friend code isn’t listed, I haven’t done that!

My friend code is +7631 (for future reference)

And my friend code is +4822.

Friend request sent to @Mirefox.

I’m +8229, friend requests sent to everyone on the list I didn’t already have.

JS over @Hardco, 62-58. Gg!

Invite is out to @geigerm

1 Like

My understanding of how “sets of 1s and 2s” would score was off by 6 points… :frowning: Gg!

Edit: Apparently it was even worse than I thought. I spent all game setting up series of adjacent 1s and 2s, and they don’t even need to be together?!

Gah, that sucks! I think it’s just pairs of 1’s and 2’s anywhere on your board?

1 Like

geigerm over @js619, 47-39. Good game!

@JaneHatke, please accept my friend request when you get a chance …

Gg! I was caught in the brain burner of not repeating colors in rows and columns!

Awaiting @JaneHatke’s acceptance of friend request for round two

I’ve always played it as any given pair of 1s and 2s. Adjacency not necessary.

1 Like

Yeah, you just count the number you have the least of and multiply by 2… I interpreted it as 2 pts for every 1 and 2 adjacent to each other anywhere on the board.

Rob, your friend code is incorrect. I tried to invite you as friend.

Whoops … sorry Jane, I doubled up in the wrong place … my correct code in full is robthomasson+4882.

@JHTaube - somehow we ended up with 2 games? I declined one

Ah. Thanks. That explains the bot in your place.

Question … Has anybody used the Running Pliers tool? The one that (I think) lets you draft two dice on your first turn.

If so … how/when do you activate Running Pliers? It does not appear to be available as I draft my first die … and if I draft that first die and click on the arrow for turn done then I think control will pass to the next player.

Maybe I am missing something obvious … ???

Haven’t even seen such a thing

Good game @Mirefox

1 Like