How's everyone doing?

OMG, I dropped my iPad onto the concrete stoop. It’s actually still mostly working although the screen is cracked and the power button is wedged.

2 Likes

F

Literally one of my greatest fears right now.

1 Like

I am very obsessive about the condition of my things. With a wife, and then kids, it became increasingly impossible to control my environment and my belongings, so my iPad and iPhone are the last bastions of perfection in my increasingly chaotic life. I think I would have a panic attack if I cracked a screen…

2 Likes

I am having Twilight Zone levels of panic attacks… I’m sure as shinola not going to a hospital, so I’m downloading every game from my steam wishlist that’s on sale now. I’m grateful to even have gaming as a distraction still.

3 Likes

JS, what’s the estimated arrival date of your new iPad? I think mine said each of: 1 day, 3-5 days, April 15, we ask that you please bear with us

I ordered mine on March 18 iirc and had it on the 25th; fwiw, it didn’t release till the 25th and the 18th was preorder.

I did have to stalk the UPS truck to get it, though. Good thing I did, since it didn’t show on the driver’s computer and he and I had to search the truck for it. Benefits of the uniform, I suppose.

2 Likes

Wow, how big was that truck?

Or was social distancing not an option? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I bought 3x iPad for the kids. Expensive little blight era, but considering the upcoming remote school working, I thought I better.

Now, to sneak one away for the games I can’t play on my phone… unlikely!

4 Likes

I got to see your sign off post, including your acceptance of your less than stellar start. Now the site has rebooted I can’t see your post at all. I think it’s a bit rough to delete your final editorial like that. Perhaps it’s just an oversight and I’m reading too much into it. Perhaps it just fell foul of the migration…perhaps.

1 Like

That’s hilarious! I sense you would never whip out the badge for yourself, only to help others, but it’s great to joke about it.

Very on the nose - I would’ve done it in regular clothes too, just happened to be on the way home from work lol.

1 Like

It was just bad timing. It was supposed to go up on Monday so there’d be at least 24 hours before it vanished but there was then some confusion over if the migration was happening or not and then the only time left to do it was morning of. I wouldn’t worry about it :slight_smile:

The article still exists in my version of our CMS, since the new site uses a completely different one. That goes for the entire site archive going back to 2014.

Can post a screen grab or something if anyone else is interested but yeah, that’s me very much done now. Pocket Tactics has entered a new era.

3 Likes

I gave my 3rd gen iPad and Air (1st gen) both to my brother when upgrading. Both were dropped in a month and have now cracks in the screen (still working fine, not as bad as it looks).
How did I manage it for years to not do what he did in 2 months?
Talk about critically obsessive (me) or criminally careless (he)…

1 Like

Damn…missed it :-/

I am drinking. A lot. Like, in the mornings. I work in the media, so I’m getting the updates 16 hours a day.

But … fuck it.

You know what else I’m doing? Hosting tournaments. Bitches.

So slide on over here and let’s play some Ascension.

3 Likes

Can’t drink all day unless you start early in the morning, so… way to be an overachiever? I’m pretty much into it the minute I change out of uniform and wash up also.

Yeah, when I do a thing, I like to do it right.

So if I’m going to drink, it’s going to be drinking with authority.

5 Likes

We’ve had booze every night, but I haven’t graduated to drinking all day, even with working from home.

But there’s always time! :slight_smile:

1 Like