How's everyone doing?

Prime Minister Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19.

I… do not how to respond to this news.

4 Likes

Something tells me, if he ends up needing a ventilator, there will be one spare.

Thousands of others may not be so lucky.

1 Like

This isn’t COVID-19 related, but I’m starting to do all my ‘last’ tasks on Pocket Tactics. The last weekender for me was today, the last update of certain lists was over the past couple of weeks. I expect the handover to be completed fully middle of next week.

Going to be weird, not having to write about mobile anymore.

7 Likes

And now his watch is ended.

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed it, apparently … ?

Is the site getting a new owner/operator? Will it keep the same name?

Got lazy yesterday and ate about half a loaf. Swore off baked goods until I went shopping today and promptly bought approximately four dozen muffins to keep me going. FML.

2 Likes

Hey Duke,

This should answer some of your questions:

https://www.pockettactics.com/articles/pocket-tactics-new-editor/

To your immediate questions:

• A new editorial team will be taking over, but it will still be owned by Network N.
  • I will be stepping down to focus on Strategy Gamer and Wargamer.
  • Yes it will keep the name, but it will be getting a new logo and a new site design, even a new CMS.
  • A lot of the content is going to disappear, but I’ll be able to speak more about that next week
1 Like

Muffins are delicious. I don’t see a problem here. Yay baked goods, even British ones : )

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/food/nation-incapable-of-not-eating-stockpiled-food-20200323194800

To be fair, that’s why we don’t have many baked goods lying around the house. I came home from the UK with 3 fruit cakes and 2 big trays from Hotel Chocolat and they lasted 2 weeks, tops.

2 Likes

my son’s therapist had been tested positive on covid-19, and so he was sentenced to home quarantine.
not allowed to leave his room. going to toilet with face mask and disposable gloves.
of course we were very concerned for the last week.
had he possibly infected us before the clinic called us?

now it’s 9 days since last contact to infected doctor and it looks like he had not been infected or his immune defense managed to keep the virus under control.
who knows? health care bureaucracy refused to test him :flushed:
“only when showing symptoms”, they told us at phone.
limited test capacities…
what a fail!

1 Like

Fascinating-!

2 Likes

Q: What does a shitshow in a slaughterhouse look like?

A: https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-contrarian-coronavirus-theory-that-informed-the-trump-administration

4 Likes

Stopped reading that fuckwit’s babble less than halfway through. How is that garbage shitbag moron a respected scholar? Let him strap a respirator, goggles, and gloves on to go to work every day and then come at me, bro.

ETA: fuck me, now I’m annoyed. Third Ardbeg? Third Ardbeg.

5 Likes

Would have ended in a more dignified fashion if he’d shot himself.

You wrote last week, “In the United States, if the total death toll increases at about the same rate, the current 67 deaths should translate into about 500 deaths at the end.” We are currently at eight hundred deaths—over eight hundred deaths. [This was true when we spoke; the number is now over two thousand.]

First of all, let me just say I wrote an amendment to that, the thing I regret most in that whole paper. But I was not so much interested in explaining why my number was right. I was interested in explaining why the other projections were wrong.

If the Olympics feaured mental gymnastics, this cunt could win gold.

3 Likes

The tantrum in the middle where he realises he’s being politely shown up as a bloviating asshole is particularly priceless. When the inevitable Report of the Commission into the Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020-2021 is published, I hope everyone like this appears at least as an embarrassing footnote.

In other depressing news, I see that Trump‘s net approval ratings are nearing positive territory for the first time ever, and Johnson is more popular. I’ve even seen the „round of applause for Johnson“ posts on my Facebook feed. The posts suggesting that it’s unpatriotic and undermining the government by being critical are popping up. It’s a shame people get judgemental if you start hitting the whisky at 9am.

3 Likes

Yep. Pointing out the government fucked up is now unpatriotic, after years of them underfunding the NHS, and not doing anything about coronavirus specifically despite being warned in January. Fuck them.

2 Likes