Wingspan players wanted

Sorry, now it’s set up. And I see a 72-hour timer!

1 Like

We’re started! And I think we do have 72 hours now

Pick me for games, happy to kick off another one.
This game is superb.

1 Like

will it be the replacement for Terraforming Mars in the Decathlon?
or will it take the 10th slot?

in any case i think i should be prepared and start to play.
so take me in for the next game, please.

I’m also open for another one

I don’t think it’s well suited for the decathlon, what with the auto kick after 24h?

I believe it is 72 hours now.

My biggest gripe is the notifications. How long have iPhones existed? Over a decade? Since their inception there have been 3 types of notifications - banners of some sort, icon badges, and sounds. Why is it so hard for anyone to get it right? Wingspan only uses banners so if someone is in the habit of swiping them out or not checking them frequently they won’t know they are up. Minor gripe, I know, but I don’t get it…

Other than that, the game is great. I’d play it for the decathlon. Why would we need it to replace Terraforming Mars, though? I’m in a game that seems to be working perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Are most here playing TfM and Wingspan via Steam or IOS or both?

iOS here, for what it is worth.

1 Like

Ios

1 Like

Both for me, but with different usernames…

And yes, it appears that async games, even with friends, are now 72 hours, which is awesome!

1 Like

I’m on iOS … would gladly play another game.

1 Like

Both for me

1 Like

two players had been kicked for no reason in two practice games :unamused:
i never saw something like this happen in 14 games and would love to play TfM, but i can understand reservations when it happened to someone.

waiting for the announced big update, but when will it be?

1 Like

looks like we could start a 4P game with @Baelnor, @JMH.75, @geigerm and me.
have already tried to setup a game but Wingspan couldn’t find Baelnor (“player not found”).

Apparently Baelnor was taken…. So Belg69 it is!

(Nick from my teenage years…)

game with @Baelnor, @JMH.75 and @geigerm has been created.
random player order. no competition for goals.

1 Like

Hello @Baelnor , JMH and geigerm have already taken their turns.
it’s up to you now.

1 Like

Oof. Like many engine builders it is always a good idea to have some cards in this game. Using that logic, I took all 5 starting birds. That was quite the mistake.

2 Likes

Has anyone had any issues playing birds? Last night I tried to play a bird, and there was no confirmation after I selected my food. After mashing the screen for awhile, I accidentally ended up just drawing a card instead of playing a bird in the wetlands…

Yet when I tried the same thing this morning, everything worked fine (on the next turn).