Wingspan players wanted

Ok, played through the tutorial, and thankfully have played so much Gizmos lately with the fam, that I think I get this.

Who is up for games?

I would like to play Wingspan. Please invite Jason1002 for a game if there are 3-4 players

have created a 3P game with @kennfusion and @jason1002.

i’m in 4 games now, but they are all running so slow that i can take on some more.

2 Likes

Always open for another one…

I see wingspan has problems with notifications? No badge showing up on the game icon.

Nope. No badge, no sound. Just banners, but they at least seem to be reliable. A pet peeve of mine, to be sure, when a game doesn’t use all 3 notifications that are available, but not a game breaker as long as the notifications are reliable.

Unfortunately, I don’t really watch the notification list. If there is no little red number on an app telling me it is my turn, I might miss it. Not sure why you would make an app with Async play that did not do this?

I agree with you completely. I couldn’t care less about banners and rely completely on the little red icons. My only advice is to go into your settings and make your banners permanent so that they stay in your Notification Center. You’ll just have to get used to checking it for this one. Stupid, I know…

2 Likes

@kennfusion and @jason1002, our game is busted.
the penguin has timed out.

i’m disappointed that we can’t play on with an A.I. bot taking over.
only as solo game with two bots.
not the best solution.

in the Decathlon better no one misses the 72 hrs timer!

lol, that was probably me timing out, I actually forgot we were playing a game.

Yeah , picking out birds and food for them, and laying eggs doesn’t seem like a game

I really like the theme of the game.

My wife, daughter and I have been playing a lot of Gizmos lately, and I had picked that for us over Wingspan (having not played either) as an entry into engine building games for them.

I realize now that although they will really like Wingspan, my 8yo needs to master building engines first, and Gizmos is the easier game to learn that.

But just messing around with the app tells me that this is a table copy buy for my family eventually.

1 Like

The physical game is very well-produced. I have yet to teach my kids mainly because you can’t sleeve Wingspan easily and I don’t want my kids’ grubby fingers on my beautiful game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I do so love this game.

Invite me to more!!!

1 Like

Yeah, it is great. And good game, all. I got thoroughly trounced.

Even though I dissed the game, please invite me to another

I’ll gladly play again, too.

Invite sent!

So people did not join in time, and the game never started ?

Correct.