What are you playing?

Gotcha. It really is a good game and I’ll be right back in if any new content comes out. It just grew a bit stale after a while for me, personally.

3 Likes

I completely agree. I played for two to three weeks, maybe a month almost nonstop. After I unlocked all the cards in about 1.5-2 weeks. I started to fade out a bit. I’ll definitely be back when they add a few more cards.

Narrowed my gaming a little again. Now just on Xcom2 - war of the purple baddies, and TtA

Steady games of Twilight Struggle, Ascension, and TtA; I’ve narrowed RftG down to two games - too many of them began to get stale after a bit. I also always have games of Tash Kalar, one of my favorite games ever, on BGA (tournament, anyone?)

For single player, I’m pretty deep into Hades Star, despite it being f2p - there doesn’t appear to be a paywall, and it’s nice to have something to log into, do some stuff, and log out for a bit. The sci-fi theme doesn’t hurt either… and I’m biding my time until October 19th when WHQ2 releases!

I haven’t played a cardboard in forever- time just doesn’t allow for it really… I’m actually thinking of selling some stuff off so that it doesn’t just sit in the basement…

ETA: and just started playing chess, although I’m literally so bad it won’t allow me to play actual humans anymore.

1 Like

My 12-year old television is starting to go out so long story short, my wife and I went with the “go big or go home” approach and will be putting up a TV that will take up about half the wall. So now I’m going to buy a PS4 game just for the experience. Right now, I’m looking at Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4, but I’ll let you know how either goes once I give them a run this weekend.

3 Likes

I’m curious how well Time Stories works with 2p…any thoughts?

We played with 4, which is noted by most as the optimal number, and I can see now why that is. The game would absolutely work fine with 2 players–each would play two characters, and you’d still get a great experience. But because of the mechanics of the game, 4 players could be a slightly better experience, I think.

As one example (no spoilers, obviously): in game, you visit locations represented by cards. When you visit one, you get to examine its card–but only you. You can (and should) describe what you see to your fellow players, but you can’t show them the card or read it word for word (if it has text). With 2 players, you would be viewing more cards, since you would be playing 2 characters instead of one.

In a way, this might make it easier. But it could also make it more difficult–when we played, the other players periodically interpreted clues in ways I didn’t, and we discussed as a group how best to proceed. The collective decisions were sometimes more successful than ones I might have made with just one other person to bounce ideas with.

That said, if 2 players is your only/best chance to play, then by all means, play it : )

2 Likes

Just a personal thing, but I’ve never liked when players take more than one role in a co-op, which is why I haven’t played Time Stories yet.

FYI, the Age of Rivals Twitter account posted this about an hour ago:

“Upcoming update will also feature a new campaign in addition to several new cards. And iOS version will be on sale starting tomorrow.”

That’ll definitely drag me back in …

6 Likes

Hey, guys. I don’t do a lot of mobile gaming these days, but every once in a while I’ll get in a game of Hyperrogue on the phone. On PC it’s mainly PUBG, but also Cogmind, and I’ve got both Ogre and Warbands: Bushido that I wouldn’t mind playing more of. Eyeing up Caves of Qud…

I hope you played Uncharted 1-3 before. UC4 may stand on its own but I think you get more out of it when playing the games in order (there is a UC 1-3 remastered bundle for PS4 out there).

I bought very late into the PS3. Only after the PS3 slim redsign with a bundled UC2…after 5 minutes of play I went on amazon hunted down UC1 and at the weekend finally got rid of my old CRT-television for a massive huge overpriced (and power-inefficient) Samsung LCD for heating my living roocough to play the UC games in all their graphical glory.

Also the genres dont compare well Horizon: ZD is open world crafting while UC is 3PS Shooter with climbing and Raider of the lost ark-popcorn-cinema banter.

But I like them both.

1 Like

@Private_Prinny

Yes, I’m a huge Uncharted fan and I’ve played 1-3 immediately on their respective releases on multiple times since. I love the storytelling and characters and also appreciate the linearity in this day and age where vast open-world games tend to dominate.

The only reason I haven’t gotten around to 4 is that I’ve had kids since 3 and my time isn’t what it used to be. I’ve recently begun playin a chapter a night and, as expected, I love it.

2 Likes

Just got around to finishing xcom2. Good fun, but got way easier with time.

Looking to either get new South Park game, dungeons 3, or go finish something in progress

Or epic tavern, but that is early access

I will be playing Super Mario Odyssey starting Friday!

2 Likes

Ordered a Switch for my youngest (and me) but it’s an Xmas present so it’s going to sit, wrapped, in the attic for 2 months. :sob:

2 Likes

Where are they in stock?

I see them all over now, primairily at the Target where I shop.

@Neumannium, Zelda is a must-play.

2 Likes

Should I go Halcyon6 or warhammer quest 2?

WHQ is really good but I’d recommend waiting until they patch all the bugs. I’ve put about 10 hours into the game and now have a bug where it crashes every time I try and open the save file.

1 Like

I’ve heard. I also heard that Mario Odyssey is basically Zelda with Mario so, I might stick with that for now, as it comes with the Switch I ordered.