What are you playing?

I ordered mine from Amazon. This one, but there are more basic/cheaper models available as well.

1 Like

Squad. Had my eye on it for some time, finally picked it up from the Steam winter sale with a couple of buddies. Iā€™ve played I think six rounds and won only the most recent (which was well on the way to being won when I joined), but overall Iā€™m having a blast, from the very first moment where I spawned in and died immediately. I have yet to encounter any toxic players, really, and the reliance on team play is very cool. Itā€™s the kind of game that makes me miss my old BF1942 clan, although we would not, even at our peak, have been able to field a 50 man team, I think. Most servers seem capped out at 70-80 players, and there arenā€™t actually that many servers out there. Hope it continues to grow and the community stays positive and helpful.

Has anyone tried Arena of Valor on iOS? I was an absolute League of Legends junkie for a few years and still like the concept of the genre, though my free time is not what it used to be.

On the PC, after having finally got around to playing and finishing Broken Sword 5, Iā€™ve picked Shadow Tactics: Blades of fhe Shogun back up from where Iā€™d left off about ten months ago. Iā€™d been stuck halfway through the third mission, which is a huge jump in difficulty over the first two tutorial-type ones; coming at it again with fresh eyes, I found my way to a solution, and am now four or so missions further on. Itā€™s real small-hours-of-the-morning, just-one-more-patrol-takedown stuff.

Started Fallout 4 this week. Iā€™m way behind on console games.

Not really a fan of the ā€œbuild up your basesā€ new thing, but with a little online help, Iā€™m getting better.

Still not sure I like it, though

Finally got around to This is the Police and itā€™s proving to be better than I expected.

Got back into SWAT 4 to keep my Tactical Timmy urges in check, even if it lacks the ā€œshoot 'em all and let God sort 'em outā€ cheer of Rainbow Six.

Iā€™ve went back to Dying Light after a hiatus, because for all its shonkiness, itā€™s a load of fun and it combines some visceral, messy combat with free running in a big, open map. Just Cause 3 has seen more play simply for the sheer amount of havoc I can wreak at will, on a big open map with so much stuff to blow up. Iā€™m hoovering up collectibles, which I never do, just so I have an excuse to wingsuit around.

Just picked up Prey. Promising free-form puzzle/problem solving.

Started Xenoblade Chronicles 1 properā€¦and boy is it a gargantuan gameā€¦the fetchquests are annoying aside that it is just what the doctor orderedā€¦a JRPG which doesnā€™t have a ā€œfinalā€ or ā€œfantasyā€ or a ā€œquestā€ in its name for a change of pace :stuck_out_tongue:
On mobile I started Zenoniaā€¦yes that ancient KRPG from wayyy back when*. Still works on iOS 10 funnily enough you need to go into flight modus or turn your wifi(cell ofā€¦otherwise it crashes at first start.

*It is a torture sometimes to have a Backlog decades oldā€¦

I am playing it. Itā€™s good. The controls are solid. The usual MOBA community horseshit is there as well. It has multiple modes, 5v5, 3v3 blah blah. The hero selection is decent. The stupid League of Legends ā€œlevel up for passive bonusesā€ is there which is still just as stupid as it was in LoL since the bonuses can make or break some character types.

Overall itā€™s playable, and itā€™s a pretty bog standard LoL style MOBA.

Thanks!

If anyone has been paying attention to the national news, Erie, PA has been making headlines for getting 5ā€™. Thatā€™s where I am. In a small farm house with my in-laws. And two kids under 5. We just got another foot today. Has anyone seen the Shining?

Anyways, we donā€™t have wi-fi anymore, but when I get a chance, Iā€™ll give it a go.

3 Likes

Has anyone played Tigris & Euphrates recently? Is multiplayer asynchronous? Does it just use GameCenter?

Pretty sure itā€™s asynchronous and uses Game Center. Iā€™m pretty sure codito used it for all their online matchups once Open Feint went away.

we have played it recently. itā€™s a fabulous game!
you can invite ā€œrecentā€ (kind of GC friendslist), ā€œcontactsā€ (all friends from your contact folder) and send iMessage invites.

so we can play with new friends too :+1:

definitely an upgrade to ā€œGC onlyā€.

They just ported Innovation to BGA; after relearning it, I have three games going!

1 Like

Soā€¦my wife bought me a Switch for Christmas. Zelda is seriously amazing. I was expecting to hate it - I havenā€™t liked an open world game since Morrowind. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom battle is pretty amazing TBS for the cutsey art style. ARMS is a really good fighter. Lots of in depth mechanics. Mario Kart 8 is also really good for goofy fun.

Soā€¦Iā€™ve been playing Civ 6 and Zelda mainly. Iā€™m trying to decide if I like Arena of Valor or Vainglory more - I like the control scheme in Arena of Valor and the 5v5 is nice, but I like basically everything else in Vainglory.

4 Likes

In the last couple weeks I have bought Cat Quest, Dungelot, Jade Empire and FF7 on iOS. The last two being games I have wanted for at least a year that finally went on sale (an insane sale in Jadeā€™s case by dropping to $.99). So of course I am playing Dream Quest and Solitairica. And my nightly game of Card Crawl for the daily challenge. Old habits and all that.

2 Likes

The Switch certainly has some great games. Iā€™m not a big fan of open world games and I wasnā€™t expecting much from Zelda, but is ended up being a masterpiece.

I played 3 matcha of Arena of Valor and finished with a combined score of 71/6/? I used the ranged hero that you get for free, went center lane, and ganked a ton. I know I was playing against people brand new to the genre, but my scores gave me hopes that there is more to the game - like MOBA IQ - than button mashing.

I like the controls but also need to get much better with them to become more precise.

I picked up Violet, because of the mobility. Apparently sheā€™s OP per everyone and Iā€™ve done really well with her. Iā€™m athros (shocking I know) in game. Hit me up if youā€™re on and Iā€™m on.

I canā€™t use the melee heroes though. The targeting leaves much to be desired and I end up diving turrets because it wonā€™t retarget minions. I wish it would retarget if I smash that auto attack.

Iā€™ll add you when Iā€™m back home and playing regularly.

Lack of lane discipline in unrnaked games had my blood boiling this morning.

What does that mean, ā€œlack of lane disciplineā€? As Violet or Vanheim (the first Marksman dude with a hat), I usually smash the midlane and dive to top or bottom depending on team fights and lane status. If I donā€™t I get pinged/yelled at in voice chat. So I guess I donā€™t know what that means.