What are you playing?

Yeah, I think Fantasy Strike would be a good place to start, then. The moves are really easy to execute (direction + a button, more or less), so knowing what to do trumps being able to execute it.

@vengefulpickle nailed it. The skills that Fantasy Strike will teach will also be applicable (more or less) to its other Fighting Games as well.

As much as I appreciated the recommendation, Fantasy Steike isn’t available physically. I’ll be keeping an eye on it to see if it ever goes on sale, though.

I ended up picking up Dragonball Fighter Z and so far I am loving it. I know nothing about the IP and I suppose my one complaint so far is that many of the fighters look a lot like each other, though fighting styles to vary. Inputs are pretty simple soon can focus more on the fight. The game is very fast paced, so I am sure I am missing out on a lot of the intricacies right now, but overall I’m pleased.

Sadly, you just missed a sale over the Black Friday - Cyber Monday weekend… Not sure if we’ll see another sale in the near term.

Dang.

Another plus is that I like the Fantasy Strike universe. I have both Puzzle Stroke games as well as Flash Duel. I have Yomi on iOS, though I keep bouncing off that one.

One of the draws for me with hero-based games (like MOBAs, Overwatch, or fighters) is attachment to certain characters.

Those are, uh, different games.

I just finished Rogue Legacy, that was pretty fun if not incredibly balanced. Moving on to Evoland 2.

Hahaha…sometimes mistypes can be fun!

Why do you keep bouncing off of Yomi?

I don’t know. Maybe it is just the way the tutorial works in the app. The game seems over-complicated for what it is. At least the way it is presented, there seem to be too many conditionals. Someday it will click. I don’t dislike the game, I just haven’t figured it out yet.

The tutorial isn’t the best. Since it’s only sync, and there are a lot of abilities.

Try the main rule book - http://sirlin.net/yomi/rules

Yeah, definitely worth reading over the rulebook. If you get past the rules hump, mysticjuicer’s Getting Good at Yomi is a great short series on the strategy of the game (and how to make it not feel like a bunch of coinflips in a row). And if you want to find more folks playing, check out the discord or the forums.

@Mirefox, if you catch me in the evening when I’m not trying to get kids to bed, I’d be happy to run through the rules w/ you in-game and/or via discord or steam chat.