What are you playing?

Jusy picked up Invisible, inc from Klei Entertainment Games. It is on sale now (steam), just like their other games.
Only played a tiny bit, but read a lot of the positive reviews about it.

Invisible, Inc. looks really cool; Iā€™m just not sure if I want to play it on my computer or iPad. Not gonna buy it until I make a decision either way.

Iā€™ve been playing Pokemon Moon, ostensibly to write it up here, but itā€™s so enjoyable that itā€™s hard to consider it work. Iā€™ve soured on recent entries, but theyā€™ve made some really smart changes here that make things feel fresh again in a way I wasnā€™t expecting. Itā€™s unabashedly goofy and thatā€™s something I really need right now. Iā€™m pretty bummed that there isnā€™t a way to get native screenshots without installing a capture rig because thereā€™s so much fun stuff I want to share without taking an off-screen pic with my phone.

The other game taking my attention now is Sky Force: Reloaded, after getting involved with the tournament thread. Iā€™ve very mixed feelings about the progression system (and how effective it is at getting me to keep playing) but the core loop is too satisfying to keep away. Iā€™m still nowhere near competitive, but after purchasing the star doubler Iā€™ve been making tangible progress after most attempts.

2 Likes

iPad -
GOW: I usually play one game a day. When there is a big change a few times a year I will get totally back into it for a couple weeks, but usually I just log in and play a single game most days.
Star Realms - I play this the most on iPad these days, about a dozen games at any timeā€¦and I play badly. I have climbed up to level 8 a couple times, but I am back at level 5 right now.

iPhone - I donā€™t think I have played anything on my iPhone other than I Keep Having This Dream since it came out.

Mac/PC - Civ VI right now as main. I still get dailies done in Heroes of the Storm. And I bootcamp over for Overwatch usually one night a week to play with some friends.

3 Likes

Hehā€¦thanks to that I was going for lvl 8 on Star Realms againā€¦

Kennfusion is the only regular Player of old I have a game of SR I have concurrently running since months nowā€¦I need some more food on the SR frontā€¦

All this sales of the physical ā€œnewā€ Stuff of SR bugs meā€¦when will they finally bring the new stuff to our digital devices, eh?

Currently:

3DS: Pokemon Yellow (go laugh)
PC: GW2 / CIV6 / XCOM2
PS3: Red Dead Redemption
iPad: Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion

but more or less: way too many gamesā€¦

1 Like

SR never grabbed me, despite having the cardboard and digital. Itā€™s too swingy, for lack of a better term? I shouldnā€™t lose a relatively tight game by 50 points on the next turn because my opponent drew a wicked comboā€¦

Youā€™re still rocking Deathwatch? h/t on that one!

1 Like

SR may be swingy but less so than Ascension - at least in my book.
I like it more from a technical perspective and its more to my likingā€¦Science Fiction always beats Fantasy in my books.

DW:TI I am forcing myself to ā€œfinishā€ this oneā€¦I have a bad habit of starting tons of games and only finishing the really really really good onesā€¦which bugs me to great ends. Back on the old PT I challenged myself to finish DW:TI first before going into Templar Battleforceā€¦which seems to be a good choice because the tons and tons of additional tinkering and fixing the Trese brothers but into Templar battleforce since release do spell a heck of a good time when i finally get around to playing it.

Edit:
Currently Veteran playtrough (so second of three possible) Act 4 (of 9)

Only bad thing with DW isā€¦I like the Dark Angels Chapter best but that was only released in the Steam version. As Rodeo went (more or less) belly up with all the ā€œApple not fixing Game Center -> no multiplayer in DWā€ debacle the chances of playing my favourite Chapter went to hell.

I hear you. I finished DW all the way through, but I was disappointed when Rodeo failed too - great studio and it stinks that weā€™ll never see additions to DW or Warhammer Quest.

PC: Atlas Reactor, Eternals Card Game, CIV6
IOS: Gems of War, Steamworld Heist
Android: Colt Express, Mini Metro, Gems of War, Gumballs & Dungeons (like Dungelot with 100x the content)
Table: Arkham Horror LCG

Alright, letā€™s dust off this old thread.

I recently burned through West of Loathing in a couple of days. Iā€™ve got a review pretty much finished, but I think weā€™re going to hold off until I can get a swing at the iPad version (gotta get those clicks) but I can say that itā€™s easily one of my favorite games of the year. Itā€™s just so incredibly funny and well-written. I also got sucked into Age of Rivals on my iPad recently, after forgetting about it shortly after I bought it at release. Iā€™m really enjoying it, though I havenā€™t ventured online at all.

I still have no idea how to play Through the Ages, but damn it, Iā€™m trying. Still getting trounced by the first challenge, usually because I forget some aspect of the game and everything goes to shit. Iā€™ll figure it out eventually.

Oh, and I accidentally played 4 hours of Heat Signature the other night. That game is prettyyyyy cool.

2 Likes

On the I-devices I am cycling ā€œthrough the agesā€ and ā€œrace for the galaxyā€

On the PC I have played 2 hours of divinity original sin 2 and xcom war of the chosen. Think I will keep on xcom2, divinity is a little odd to me still

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually playing a lot of MLB Manager 2017 on my iPad. I always have to get at least a couple of games in and see if I can lead the Blue Jays to the championship.

It never fails, however. No matter how strong my regular season is (even playing with the Cardinals), in the playoffs I tank. If I get into the Wildcard game, I lose it. If I get into the first round, I lose the series.

Itā€™s weird.

1 Like

Mobile:
Finished Final Fantasy 5 for the first time last weekend. (^.^)=b

As I am very late on my backlog pile I just started playing Bastion. Not that much a fan of the gameplay but the soundtrack and the presentation are top notch.

If I only have some spare minutes I squeeze in a little time for Battlevoid:Harbinger which is a nice real-time Rougelite with spaceships.

Planning to start Final Fantasy 6 proper next weekend.

Non-Mobile:
Finished the .//Hack Tetralogy (infection, mutation, outbreak and quarantine) on the PS2 this weekendā€¦I may be able to finish all my PS2 games before 2030 after allā€¦at least if the PS2 doesnā€™t break until then.

And since this isnā€™t enough last Friday a new Expansion released for Guild Wars 2 (Path of Fire). GW2 is the only ā€œMMOā€ franchise I ever cared about to invest time into itā€¦and invest I did :slight_smile:
If I didnā€™t play GW1 and GW2 I might not have that huge of a backlog at allā€¦games like that are huge time-sinks.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about a month ago that we should have a new monthly thread on the first of each month like ā€œWhat did you play last monthā€ type thing. So glad you brought this back.

iPad - Mostly GoW and Star Realms. I was playing Hades Star, but I got bored.

PC - Even though I had quit playing WoW like 2 years agoā€¦I saw a special for Legion and bought itā€¦soā€¦there is that, and that has been fun and time consuming.

Blood Bowl 2 just had an expansion, and now I think every team is represented, plus some nice new features, especially an endless solo league campaign and mixed teams.

I bought the X-Com expansion, and planned to play Civ 6 with the Summer Update (it came really late to Macs), but have not had time for either between WoW and Blood Bowl.

2 Likes

Iā€™d write a post describing what I played this month, but I would be embarrassed by the free to play tripe that I find myself wading through. Thereā€™s the occasional diamond in the rough, but Iā€™m mostly fascinated by the psychological traps these games set to keep players playing and paying. Iā€™d feel terrible knowing that I led members of our community into these money grinding machines.

Iā€™m also concerned about it the SEO implications of mentioning those app names here, and Iā€™d love some reassurance that Iā€™m not going to drag the proverbial eye of Sauron here by mentioning them in discussion

1 Like

I am not sure what the SEO concern would be? Donā€™t they want more traffic? If they were to rank for some FTP game, I donā€™t really see a downside.

I can tell you that I just checked my tools and SP has a domain rank of about 2/10 and the homepage about 3/10. So at this point there are just not enough links to give much authority to the site at all.

1 Like

Mobile: Gems of War, Race for the Galaxy, 8 Minute Empire, and Star Realms, mostly, with the occasional Darkest Dungeon mission. I bought Through the Ages and still havenā€™t made it through the tutorial, let alone played any real people. I should really get on that ā€¦

Mac: ā€¦ but most of my gaming time has been spent on my OOTP Baseball 18 franchise. Logged into Steam the other day and saw Iā€™d spent 48 hours on the game since buying it back in August. If I keep doing that, Iā€™ll never make it through my ridiculous backlog.

Iā€™m mainly interested in RftG and TtA. Race has been my GOTY so far, but TtA may overtake it. Weā€™ll see.

Iā€™m also playing 8 minute empire. It is a fun short game, but seems to take forever in multiplayer. There are not many challenging decisions at each turn, so it feels like there is not much to it. But then, Iā€™ve only won one game. Playing against the AI is satisfying because the game is so quick and the AI is good.

Two older games are Brass and Waterdeep. I really like both of them.

I have so many game that Iā€™ve purchased and havenā€™t even played yel, let alone the others I havenā€™t played in a long time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m playing War of the Chosen way, way too much. Itā€™s cutting into my sleep which then cuts into how excited I am to work. Itā€™s killing me. Itā€™s so damn good, though. I love getting knee deep in XCOM, and it has that ā€œone more turnā€¦ā€ thing down. The problem is, each turn can take an hour in XCOMā€¦

Also, just went to claim my copy of Divinity Original Sin 2 from backing the Kickstarter and realized itā€™s only for PC. How did I miss that? Ughā€¦hopefully it comes to Mac, or that was money down the drain. (I really need to get a gaming PC, donā€™t I?)

My console gaming has changed quite a bit since having children. My tastes are eclectic and Iā€™ll play just about anything, but these days, it more or less has to be family-friendly. My 4-year-old loved watching me play the newest Zelda and even helped me puzzle out the shrines. Now on the rare chance that I have a few minutes to sit down and game I play Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

I havenā€™t played a PC game in about 5 years at this point; I just donā€™t have the time or motivation to hole up in my office with a game.

On my mobile devices, it is pretty much any board game or my current obsession, Eternal.