What are you playing?

Ugh. My posts have been awful lately! Yes, “Builders.” Thanks.

1 Like

Right now:

iOS: Darkest Dungeon, Civ6 (new update woo!), Yomi, and SW:GoH. Those are the main ones right now. Currently testing Feud.

Switch: Cave Story +, Pokken Tournament DX

XB1: Nothing anymore. MHW was a lot of fun, so was E:D and others but I’m just…not up to turning it on anymore.

@TheDukester

Are you able to make any significant amounts of gold in Elder Scrolls Legends? If so, how? I do like the game and think it may be the second best iOS CCG after Eternal, but I feel like I hit a paywall awfully quickly. I played the free campaign, which was fun, but ended up with only a couple hundred gold, enough for two packs of 5 cards. I’d like to play more campaigns, but they cost a whopping $20, which seems way overpriced, in my opinion, for what they are. Contrast this game with Eternal, which is actually made by the same people, and I rake in the gold over there, have unlocked plenty of cards, have played all the campaigns via in-game gold, and feel like there is plenty to do without spending a dime.

Maybe Elder Scrolls just requires more money, or maybe I’m missing an obvious gold revenue. Any opinions or advice in this regards?

The first one is to always do your dailies. Many of them are ridiculously easy, and some offer up to 70 gold. You can have three outstanding dailies at any one time.

The only other way is to win games. Like some other games, three wins equals a gold reward, which varies according to some formula I’m not aware of (or maybe it’s just random). Three wins also brings at least one new card (and, rarely, an entire pack).

If you find yourself with some extra cash, I really would recommend the campaigns. Not only are the stories pretty good, but moving through the chapters leads to new cards (which are often powerhouses). I can’t remember if the campaigns also reward gold … I’m trying to picture it, but I played them all right away, so even the latest one was a while ago.

Personally, I’ve found the rewards in ES:L to be fair. Of course, I paid for the campaigns, which helped keep my card collection pretty robust.

1 Like

Playing Persona 5, already lowered the difficulty from Normal to Easy and actually thinking of lowering it to Safety, which I never thought I would do, because this is some bullshit.

sorry to bother you, but my son played it through on hard and loved it :open_mouth:

1 Like

It could be that I’m trying to rush things for a full completion run…

1 Like

I picked up the Kindom Hearts 1.8 Blah Blah Blah Remix (seriously, I can’t stand these obnoxious names sometimes); I’m trying to figure out why I enjoy JRPGs so much more than Western RPGs. On paper, I should absolutely love games like The Elder Scrolls with a fiery passion, but they all seem to bounce off me fairly quickly. The only Westerm RPGs that seem to hold my interest are the loot grab action RPGs like Diablo. I think that my personality (organized and, according to my family, a little too obsessive) tends to like that most JRPGs are much more structured - certain enemy types spawn in certain locations and drop certain loot and there are x amount of chests in this dungeon, etc. I should really love the more open sandbox games but they just don’t hold my interest. My recent failure was Skyrim on Switch, which was probably the fourth time I tried the game. I’m hanging on to it because it is a rather amazing game to have on a portable system, but I don’t find myself yearning to fire it up like I often do when I’m in the thick of a good JRPG. That said, o recently bounced pretty hard of Ni No Kuni II as well, so maybe it’s just that I don’t have the time for the genre in general.

On the RPG note, I may also pick up he Dragon’s Crown remake. Man, that game is amazing. It is a side scrolling action RPG with beautiful graphics. The females are over sexualixed in a horrific and offputting way, but if they had managed to keep the womens’ breasts somewhere below the size of planets it would be a 10/10 game for me. I’m not really that prude, but you’ll know what I mean when you see the game for yourself.

2 Likes

As someone who vastly prefers Western RPGs and their focus on story and openness over grinding, I can say that I agree about the difficulty getting into Elder Scroll games. Morrowind was a terrible empty bore, and Oblivion could only get me about a dozen hours in before I disengaged for the final time. Haven’t played Skyrim, but not in a hurry to touch that particular stovetop a third time given how unpleasant the first two were. I’m fine to stick to Bioware and Obsidian offerings, thanks. Even if the big B never really recovered from being absorbed into the EA hivemind.

True that…haven’t played the DA games yet the ME:A debacle hit me hard…as I am a die hard ME fan ;-/

1 Like

I hadn’t heard of Dragon’s Crown before so I just watched the trailer. You’re right about how women are depicted…its terrible. That’s just from the trailer.

I mean:

3 Likes

It almost keeps me from playing the game, but the core gameplay is pretty amazing and those particular females can be avoided for most of the game of you so choose.

Has anyone played Titan Quest on iOS? I just ran through Diablo 3 for the umpteenth time and am in the mood for another loot fest action RPG. I would prefer something on mobile and have had my eye on Titan Quest for some time. I am open to other suggestions, though.

I probably sound like a broken record on this topic, but the new Path of Exile league starts on Friday (PC/Xbox One only though)…

Yeah, that’s the problem. I have all but stopped PC gaming as my laptop just isn’t up to snuff. I’m PS4/Switch/iOS.

1 Like

Fired up Carnage Heart today, and holy shit does it have a learning cliff. Can’t find the manual or programming guide it came with scanned anywhere, so I may just buy one I found on Ebay and scan it myself for the good of all mankind…

1 Like

I have, but it has been some time…its summer now…my iPad Air was heating up nicely in winter with TQ running but now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have abandoned it on iOS. I was pretty far into it in comparison to my tries on PC earlier and pretty much liked it. HOWEVER, it misses the pretty decent (massively important at least for me) improvements made by the Immortal Throne Expansion…which is sad. However, the announcement and release of the Ragnarok Expansion on the PC version of TQ have sealed the deal.

I would pretty much prefer mobile play, but as with Spacehulk, Deathwatch, TQ and Invisible Inc…if they don’t offer the complete package I am out…

So if you don’t care for the addendums in IT and Ragnarök and prefer tablet over PC gaming go for it, it’s a decent port at least (rather impressive port) however I hope you have enough Horsepower under your iPad’s Hood…as you will need em.

1 Like

a couch-coop update is announced for Titan Quest on PS4.

deal!

i prefer joypad over mouse anyway.
we had a blast playing Helldivers (imho the best couch-coop action game ever on any platform), Diablo III, the new Gauntlet and Magicka 2.
and will soon have with Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Moon Hunters, Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris and Rayman Legends (thanks to tips and hints on SP).

so i can’t wait for the TQ update.

Which, if any of those, is closest to Diablo? As in, loot and level progression.