What are you playing?

definitely Titan Quest.
solo and online co-op for 2-6 players.
couch-coop update announced.

it’s on PSstore sale for 19,99 euro till 9.6.

So true! I always cringe when someone of the PC master race proclaims the unending superiority of mouse and keyboard…and that’s coming from someone who uses a mouse with 15 programmable buttons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hm…compelling as my brother wanted to play this with me coop after our run trough the Borderlands Franchise is complete…but then I would have bought it 3 times already…

I cannot speak for most of them, but if you want a Loot ARPG TQ is your thing.
If you want a more MODERN take on it from some devs who also worked on TQ back in its days go look at Grim Dawn.

The class system, loot system and even parts of the UI are similar but more modernized…the setting is not Ancient Mythology but more…ehm…err…victorian horror…ish? Van Hellsing Style?

Edit:
Oh forgot about your earlier post…Grim Dawn is currently only PC and a planned XBox One port in the near future.

you should take a look at the trailer in the PS store.
game looks gorgeous. like a complete remake?

I’ll second the controller love. I’ll grant that the precision of a mouse is better for certain types of games but most games can be played perfectly fine with a controller and sometimes the experience is even better. Diablo III is a great example - the game is waaaay more fun with a controller.

It’s solidly mediocre. Missing the Immortal Throne expansion and later balance patches means that a few of the masteries are useless. There were also a lot of problems with it in the transfer From DotEmu to THQ Nordic, and it was basically abandoned by DotEmu for months before.

I would recommend getting it on something that has the Anniversary Edition.

Diablo III is best on console, yes. And it would be even better on Switch.

2 Likes

STOP STOPSTOPSTOP that’s a pipe dream right there. Blizzard teased that once already. And Diablo 3 is the best on console. Better targeting, waaaaay better inventory management (SO MUCH BETTER - no inventory Tetris - a thing I hate with PoE on XB1) and easier access to a lot of other stuff.

Hm, I think I pass this time.

I watched it and it looks really good, HOWEVER they only show 9 of the masteries and 4 worlds to explore. Which means, yes Immortal throne is included, but RAGNAROK isn’t, with its 10. mastery and new world. For that price I was hoping it’s included. No way in hell will I pay that much for a game I already own 2 times with one of them versions abandoned already. I may think otherwise AFTER Ragnarok is released on consoles, but I have been burned by halfassed ports¿ one times too many already.

If this means the sales on consoles will suffer because too many are holding back cautiously because of that and the devs decide „THWI!“ then that’s unfortunate but at
least not my loss yet again.

¿Edit: I can live with subpar ports, but I really really detest incomplete ports or unfinished series ports.

It is also $30 and that’s a big ask for a game that was standing in Diablo’s shadow 15+ years ago…

1 Like

TQ on sale in PS store for 19.99 euro till 9.6.

Ok did some research, they announced working on couch coop and bringing the Ragnarok Expansion to consoles.

Maybe I lashed out to soon, but with all the broken promises on mobile regarding expansions, Addons, MP and asynchronous MP I am so jaded that I will hold back a purchase until it is released, whenever that may be;-p

that is correct. we are working on 2 things for TQ consoles right now: 2 player splitscreen couch co-op, and bringing Ragnarök

— THQNordic (@THQNordic) March 20, 2018
1 Like

The Titan Quest Anniversary Collection is $3.99 on GOG right now, since we are talking about it.

I am now in possession of self-made high res scans of the Carnage Heart manual and strategy guide. Currently looking around for somewhere to make it available on the web. I’d normally think “replacementdocs,” but they seem to be kind of hosed at the moment.

Does anyone have any opinions on Civilization Revolution 2 on iOS? Yes, yes, I know about Civ VI. I’ll be traveling soon, though, and without my iPad, so I am curious if Civ Rev is even a halfway decent alternative or if I would just be best off avoiding it.

How can you travel without your iPad? I guess you have a family that needs it more? Whenever I pack, I’m like: passport, wallet, phone, ipad, clothes, etc…

I’m bringing the family to Disney and packing as light as possible. I don’t anticipate having much free time outside of my 3-hour flight and am going to simply make do with my phone.

I enjoyed Civ Rev 1 when it originally came out, and I believe 2 was only a re-skin of it. I never picked it up myself though,

If you are looking for a high-quality single player experience on your phone, I’d say your best bet is X-Com. It has a tech tree, so I’ll call it remotely similar…

Civ Rev 1 never impressed me much when I played it, so unless 2 was an amazing improvement, Polytopia would be my recommendation for a phone civlike.

In 20 days, I will be playing Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind when it comes out for iOS. Glorantha’s back, baby!

4 Likes