What are you playing?

Heh…thanks to that I was going for lvl 8 on Star Realms again…

Kennfusion is the only regular Player of old I have a game of SR I have concurrently running since months now…I need some more food on the SR front…

All this sales of the physical “new” Stuff of SR bugs me…when will they finally bring the new stuff to our digital devices, eh?

Currently:

3DS: Pokemon Yellow (go laugh)
PC: GW2 / CIV6 / XCOM2
PS3: Red Dead Redemption
iPad: Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion

but more or less: way too many games…

1 Like

SR never grabbed me, despite having the cardboard and digital. It’s too swingy, for lack of a better term? I shouldn’t lose a relatively tight game by 50 points on the next turn because my opponent drew a wicked combo…

You’re still rocking Deathwatch? h/t on that one!

1 Like

SR may be swingy but less so than Ascension - at least in my book.
I like it more from a technical perspective and its more to my liking…Science Fiction always beats Fantasy in my books.

DW:TI I am forcing myself to “finish” this one…I have a bad habit of starting tons of games and only finishing the really really really good ones…which bugs me to great ends. Back on the old PT I challenged myself to finish DW:TI first before going into Templar Battleforce…which seems to be a good choice because the tons and tons of additional tinkering and fixing the Trese brothers but into Templar battleforce since release do spell a heck of a good time when i finally get around to playing it.

Edit:
Currently Veteran playtrough (so second of three possible) Act 4 (of 9)

Only bad thing with DW is…I like the Dark Angels Chapter best but that was only released in the Steam version. As Rodeo went (more or less) belly up with all the “Apple not fixing Game Center -> no multiplayer in DW” debacle the chances of playing my favourite Chapter went to hell.

I hear you. I finished DW all the way through, but I was disappointed when Rodeo failed too - great studio and it stinks that we’ll never see additions to DW or Warhammer Quest.

PC: Atlas Reactor, Eternals Card Game, CIV6
IOS: Gems of War, Steamworld Heist
Android: Colt Express, Mini Metro, Gems of War, Gumballs & Dungeons (like Dungelot with 100x the content)
Table: Arkham Horror LCG

Alright, let’s dust off this old thread.

I recently burned through West of Loathing in a couple of days. I’ve got a review pretty much finished, but I think we’re going to hold off until I can get a swing at the iPad version (gotta get those clicks) but I can say that it’s easily one of my favorite games of the year. It’s just so incredibly funny and well-written. I also got sucked into Age of Rivals on my iPad recently, after forgetting about it shortly after I bought it at release. I’m really enjoying it, though I haven’t ventured online at all.

I still have no idea how to play Through the Ages, but damn it, I’m trying. Still getting trounced by the first challenge, usually because I forget some aspect of the game and everything goes to shit. I’ll figure it out eventually.

Oh, and I accidentally played 4 hours of Heat Signature the other night. That game is prettyyyyy cool.

2 Likes

On the I-devices I am cycling “through the ages” and “race for the galaxy”

On the PC I have played 2 hours of divinity original sin 2 and xcom war of the chosen. Think I will keep on xcom2, divinity is a little odd to me still

2 Likes

I’m actually playing a lot of MLB Manager 2017 on my iPad. I always have to get at least a couple of games in and see if I can lead the Blue Jays to the championship.

It never fails, however. No matter how strong my regular season is (even playing with the Cardinals), in the playoffs I tank. If I get into the Wildcard game, I lose it. If I get into the first round, I lose the series.

It’s weird.

1 Like

Mobile:
Finished Final Fantasy 5 for the first time last weekend. (^.^)=b

As I am very late on my backlog pile I just started playing Bastion. Not that much a fan of the gameplay but the soundtrack and the presentation are top notch.

If I only have some spare minutes I squeeze in a little time for Battlevoid:Harbinger which is a nice real-time Rougelite with spaceships.

Planning to start Final Fantasy 6 proper next weekend.

Non-Mobile:
Finished the .//Hack Tetralogy (infection, mutation, outbreak and quarantine) on the PS2 this weekend…I may be able to finish all my PS2 games before 2030 after all…at least if the PS2 doesn’t break until then.

And since this isn’t enough last Friday a new Expansion released for Guild Wars 2 (Path of Fire). GW2 is the only “MMO” franchise I ever cared about to invest time into it…and invest I did :slight_smile:
If I didn’t play GW1 and GW2 I might not have that huge of a backlog at all…games like that are huge time-sinks.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about a month ago that we should have a new monthly thread on the first of each month like “What did you play last month” type thing. So glad you brought this back.

iPad - Mostly GoW and Star Realms. I was playing Hades Star, but I got bored.

PC - Even though I had quit playing WoW like 2 years ago…I saw a special for Legion and bought it…so…there is that, and that has been fun and time consuming.

Blood Bowl 2 just had an expansion, and now I think every team is represented, plus some nice new features, especially an endless solo league campaign and mixed teams.

I bought the X-Com expansion, and planned to play Civ 6 with the Summer Update (it came really late to Macs), but have not had time for either between WoW and Blood Bowl.

2 Likes

I’d write a post describing what I played this month, but I would be embarrassed by the free to play tripe that I find myself wading through. There’s the occasional diamond in the rough, but I’m mostly fascinated by the psychological traps these games set to keep players playing and paying. I’d feel terrible knowing that I led members of our community into these money grinding machines.

I’m also concerned about it the SEO implications of mentioning those app names here, and I’d love some reassurance that I’m not going to drag the proverbial eye of Sauron here by mentioning them in discussion

1 Like

I am not sure what the SEO concern would be? Don’t they want more traffic? If they were to rank for some FTP game, I don’t really see a downside.

I can tell you that I just checked my tools and SP has a domain rank of about 2/10 and the homepage about 3/10. So at this point there are just not enough links to give much authority to the site at all.

1 Like

Mobile: Gems of War, Race for the Galaxy, 8 Minute Empire, and Star Realms, mostly, with the occasional Darkest Dungeon mission. I bought Through the Ages and still haven’t made it through the tutorial, let alone played any real people. I should really get on that …

Mac: … but most of my gaming time has been spent on my OOTP Baseball 18 franchise. Logged into Steam the other day and saw I’d spent 48 hours on the game since buying it back in August. If I keep doing that, I’ll never make it through my ridiculous backlog.

I’m mainly interested in RftG and TtA. Race has been my GOTY so far, but TtA may overtake it. We’ll see.

I’m also playing 8 minute empire. It is a fun short game, but seems to take forever in multiplayer. There are not many challenging decisions at each turn, so it feels like there is not much to it. But then, I’ve only won one game. Playing against the AI is satisfying because the game is so quick and the AI is good.

Two older games are Brass and Waterdeep. I really like both of them.

I have so many game that I’ve purchased and haven’t even played yel, let alone the others I haven’t played in a long time.

2 Likes

I’m playing War of the Chosen way, way too much. It’s cutting into my sleep which then cuts into how excited I am to work. It’s killing me. It’s so damn good, though. I love getting knee deep in XCOM, and it has that “one more turn…” thing down. The problem is, each turn can take an hour in XCOM…

Also, just went to claim my copy of Divinity Original Sin 2 from backing the Kickstarter and realized it’s only for PC. How did I miss that? Ugh…hopefully it comes to Mac, or that was money down the drain. (I really need to get a gaming PC, don’t I?)

My console gaming has changed quite a bit since having children. My tastes are eclectic and I’ll play just about anything, but these days, it more or less has to be family-friendly. My 4-year-old loved watching me play the newest Zelda and even helped me puzzle out the shrines. Now on the rare chance that I have a few minutes to sit down and game I play Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

I haven’t played a PC game in about 5 years at this point; I just don’t have the time or motivation to hole up in my office with a game.

On my mobile devices, it is pretty much any board game or my current obsession, Eternal.

[quote=“Neumannium, post:39, topic:89, full:true”](I really need to get a gaming PC, don’t I?)
[/quote]

I’ve got Windows 10 installed on my Mac via Boot Camp for that exact reason.

1 Like

Just about the only thing I make time to play on my ipad at this point is Gems of War, which I enjoy a lot–but there are so many things one can do now! Aside from the guild wars, there are dungeons and treasure maps and I haven’t even fully finished all of the kingdom quests at this point.

Periodically, I’ll play Solitairica every now and then as well.

Still haven’t even started Fire Emblem Echoes on the DS, despite pre-ordering it and loving the series. I’m really looking forward to that.

Play board games every week with my group–this weekend, we played Burgle Bros., which is great fun (we lost). Week before that, we played Fields of Green, which I really like a lot. Hoping to finally get TIME Stories to the table this coming weekend.

I have it on mine as well, but the fans run so damn loud whenever I play anything on Windows, I’m certain my Mac is going to burst into flames.

I have a 2014 MacBook Pro with the Nvidia chip, so it’s not exactly top of the line (it was pretty great in 2014). Does yours run hot when using Windows, or are my fans just getting overexcited?

I’ve had time stories sitting on my shelf for 2 years now and it remains unplayed. My group just isn’t interested in narrative games.

Need to get kids to try with me, but they aren’t huge fans either.