[Tournament] Lords of Waterdeep - way too hot summer edition

The Intirgue that you expose your agendas and can’t be attacked was HUUUUUGE. I’ve never had that one before and I want it every game from now on. @kennfusion and @SpiceTheCat we’re at each other’s throats after that, effectively killing their chances.

Seemed unbalanced???

Grats, yeah, Open Lord is unbalanced and I might be a little bitter, as I would have won if not for that meddling card! :slight_smile:

Congrats. Nice game, and generally closer than I expected all round. I accept that antagonising @kennfusion by dropping two mandatories on him in one go may not have been wise.:smirk: And yes, being immune to attack in exchange for giving away your agenda seems like a very good deal.

Table 6 Result …

I was able to hinder Jules with two Mandatory Quests at the end and also complete a quest from the tableau on my last turn. Before that the game felt close with both ian & Jules lurking danger. Good game!

To help speed things along… it looks like all the results are in!

Table 1:
@johnl (john1325) 169
@KYakerDude 154
@SleepingGiant 164

Table 2:
@Hardco 171
@JaneHatke 171
@Lexicon 161

Table 3:
@Baelnor 210
@geigerm (mgeiger9) 190
@Saviodo 181

Table 4:
@Snotty128 205
@irishdomer08 (mhatke) 180
@Dave (daveseidner) 138

Table 5:
@Zebracadabra 161
@kennfusion 140
@SpiceTheCat 120

Table 6:
@robthomasson 182
@Ids 164
@Jules (JulesvH) 161

Table 7:
@JHTaube 201
@whovian223 137
@JammaTal 127

So the first place finishers are:

@Hardco
@johnl (john1325)
@Baelnor
@Snotty128
@Zebracadabra
@robthomasson
@JHTaube

And the second place finishers, with points scored are:

@geigerm (mgeiger9) 190
@irishdomer08 (mhatke) 180
@JaneHatke 171
@SleepingGiant 164
@Ids 164
@kennfusion 140
@whovian223 137

Putting:

@Hardco
@johnl (john1325)
@Baelnor
@Snotty128
@Zebracadabra
@robthomasson
@JHTaube
@geigerm (mgeiger9)
@irishdomer08 (mhatke)

into random.org spit out:

@Hardco
@Baelnor
@Snotty128
@robthomasson
@JHTaube
@irishdomer08 (mhatke)
@geigerm (mgeiger9)
@johnl (john1325)
@Zebracadabra

So for round 2:

Table A
@Hardco
@Baelnor
@Snotty128

Table B
@robthomasson
@JHTaube
@irishdomer08 (mhatke)

Table C
@geigerm (mgeiger9)
@johnl (john1325)
@Zebracadabra

Good luck everyone!

To repeat the game setup from higher up in the thread:

The first listed player per table is supposed to invite the other two. This is a base-set + Undermountain expansion only tourney, no extra Worker-option (Long Game) or Skullport expansion enabled. Please set the timer to 21 days. But try to make at least 2 moves (1 if not otherwise possible) a day.

Thanks for picking up my slack.

Apologies for the long radio silence. I had to go to the hospital again for several days and was strictly (en)forced to rest my eyes. :frowning:

Not being much of a fan of audiobooks hurts much when your eyes fell like they are wrapped in sandpaper and everything hurts (blinking, eye movement, etc).
Boredom is truly a bane of first worlders… :frowning:

If anyone was waiting for a official ruling on my part about above set-up for round 2:

I am in favor.

Good luck on Stage 2 (^.^)=b

Sorry to hear about your eyes, feel better.

I used to have a 2 hour commute twice a day for work and learned to love audio books. Try Podcasts? I listen to them mostly these days on my subway commute. Some of my favorites are: Planet Money, Flash Forward, Radio Lab, This American Life, Invisibilia, Season 1 of Serial and S-Town.

Get well @Private_Prinny!

Crumbs @Private_Prinny! Be well …

Table B has been started … and @JHTaube is in!

That sounds quite painful. Speed recovery @Private_Prinny
@johnl - Thanks for setting up round 2!

Table A action is off and running with some typically brutal moves early.

Managed to push through to round 3 alreAdy

If @Snotty128 didn’t first turn grab Study at the Librarium, we could have avoided all that ugliness!

I can take the beating, thats all part of the game. The real kick in the nuts was you playing open lord the turn I got the library out, so I couldnt return the favour.

Well, our game has wrApped up

Baelnor: 203
@Hardco : 173
@Snotty128 : 93

Early game hardco unloaded on snotty and I couldn’t figure out why, only that I should keep my head down and build for future.

That said, I finally had some cards to hit hardco and he played that open lord card! Frustrating!

I managed to build a recurring engine; extra black with gold, extra gold with black, 2 black when getting a skullduggery quest.

That said, hardco was sitting pretty out in front. Until he picked up a quest in the middle of turn 8. Little was he to know that the “return three meeples” was going to be flipped up, which I pounced on with a big stockpile.

After that I played a ridiculous series of turns, flopping a 40 point quest, a 10 point quest, blowing up my crappy building to place the “get 10vp, put three cubes on board” which had 8 vp on it, and then I used it for another 10 vp.

Anyways, great game and I wish I could play at the table with with you guys, you know your shit.

I think even without Defend the Yawning Portal, you’d still have won, but obviously it would have been a lot closer!

No regrets about picking on @Snotty128 at the beginning… Study at the Librarium has lead to many a blowout for me, and if he got it online sooner, he might have been the one with Open Lord. I think the low number of buildings, especially the lack of buildings to play Intrigue cards definitely hurt snotty128 and myself, but your combo of Rogue/money plot quests made it tough to keep up with your resource generation. Well played!

@john1325 @geigerm If we get through to Monday, my moves will slow considerably for awhile as I’ll be recovering from surgery. Apologies in advance,

Table B is complete.
'Twas Study in the Lubrarium that helped me move forward. Though I thought Rob and Mike’s teaming up towards the end had me beat.
The undermountain quests flipped just frequently enough to supply my bonus points
Fun game!

Table C is complete:

geigerm 189
@johnl 183
@Zebracadabra 156

A very good, very close game. I benefitted greatly from the quest that gave me 2 black pieces every time I drew a skullduggery quest, as well as the one that gave me 2 points every time I played an intrigue card.

Good game to both of my opponents!

After surgery just seven days ago, I did not have my heart in the game and couldn’t wait for it to end. 'Grats to the first an second place finishers.

Well played and good luck in the final!