Titan on iOS thread

imho it’s the best of the (enormous) CCG bunch.
it had a bad start on mobile, plagued by too many bugs and problems.
but it’s on perma patch mode, and about 8-10 updates later it’s fine now.
and not only bugfixes, but new content has been added.
a new more generous reward system makes it the most accessible CCG.
a steady stream of new cards keeps flowing now, exp are granted for lost games too.
newest addition was a solo draft mode vs AI, a very nice idea.
even the Dukester came back to Faeria and said to prefer it a long way over HS.

the gameplay itself is simply amazing and the production value is on top level.

the “living board” sets it apart from all other CCGs. it sometimes doesn’t even feel like a card game, but more like a boardgame, or a variant of fantasy chess or a Heroes of Might&Magic battle.
i have a long ingame friends list, and get rewards when friends reach certain levels: Strangiato (lv57!), Holsten (lv35), Dukester (lv25), robthomasson (lv21), Baelnor (lv19), halfvoid (lv19), Sjeng (lv10), athros (lv9), jason1002 and geigerm are SP friends playing Faeria.

forget about the problems mentioned in our Faeria thread. they have all been addressed by now.

i can’t wait for the announced new co-op campaign.

edit: only recommended for ipad air 2 and upwards.

1 Like

I hate to disagree with you, but faeria is still basically unplayable for me. I recieved a very contrite email from the devs, so decided to give them another chance. Sadly my frame rate is still in the basement and clearly not playing as designed. I understand Im using ‘old’ tech with my ipad4, and its a shame I cant get this game to work

sad to hear that :disappointed:
i guess only ipad 2 or better hardware can handle this game well.

devs’ decision to cut off all iOS versions below 10 told a story too.
and on PC? Duke had reported that his Steam account came back again.

It’s true. The game went from an unplayable mess (on mobile) to a really solid title in just a few weeks.

The developers are active and responsive; I’ll give them credit for that.

It kills me that Titan isn’t on iPhone.

How is the Titan game going, anyway?

I got knocked out a while back, but took somebody down with me if anybody ever capitalized on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

blackfyre has the strongest army and a very strong Titan stack.
top candidate for the win.
i’m ok, and JMH.75 is struggling for survival with two smaller stacks left.

I’m just hoping for a miracle to happen :grinning:

way to go! in Titan it’s only over when it’s over.
and before that the weirdest things can happen.
opponents eliminating each other or weakening their best stacks by series of battles.
a streak of lucky rolls for continous visits at the very best recruiting hexes.
an unexpected opportunity to pounce at a weakened Titan stack after a battle.
i would not concede a Titan game either.

Just putting this in now, though it sounds like it will still be going for a while…

I’m definitely up for another game once this is over.

Oh, really? You think so? I had judged the situation differently, as I (somehow) had not noticed that JMH only has 2 armies left. Just saw his score and thought he would win. For the same reason I assumed myself loosing, having the lowest score of us three. Small wonder I never won any game of Titan so far :confused:

Me too!! I love this game… Although I barely understand it :joy:

Luckily, my armies got Nikes at their feet, so they will never be catched :smiley_cat:

our 6P Titan game has been successfully completed.

in a special abstract way Titan is the game which comes as close to Heroes of Might and Magic like no other game in the appstore:
heroes riding across the map, recruiting troops for being able to get even better and upgraded troops, and fighting it out on separate battle maps when clashing into each other. epic. a very special game.

interesting to see the aftershow dice statistics, so i was not the lucky guy, coming in with -4% below average strike hits :blush:

runner_up was @JMH.75
3rd place for @Blackfyre

1 Like

Awesome game!!! I’ve been wondering how it was going :slight_smile:

Congrats! Count me interested for a future Titan game. My GameCenter name is BatSamm.

If you are looking to scratch that Heroes of Might and Magic itch on iOS, I’ll post something on that now in the Citizen Journalism thread…

1 Like

I’ve had the game on my iPad for years but have never actually played, so I might be interested in joining, too, if you all want someone to beat up on.

I’d definitely play again guys. Count me in for the next match. I haven’t won 15 games in a row, and I certainly haven’t understood the rules until now. Still I’m havin a blast.

I think there’s still the same GameCenter issue, though I haven’t checked in a bit. So somebody else is going to have to start it.

But I’m in if they do!

players can meet in the lobby and simply tap on other player’s name to add him to Titan"s own buddy list.
so @JMH.75 and me could add each other to our buddy lists.
not perfect, but a workaround other games (like Stone Age) are missing.

@Blackfyre, your statistics screen in the aftershow ceremony said you have won 3 games :v: