Titan on iOS thread

Per @JammaTal’s suggestion, I’m moving the discussion of our current Titan game over here–he, @whovian223, @Blackfyre, and I have a 4-player game just getting under way, now that the lazy bum who set it up actually remembered to start it.

I’m just learning the game but really enjoy what I’ve seen so far playing against the AI. Looking forward to more multiplayer games and discussion here.

Last I looked, we were waiting for somebody to choose their colour.

But that was last night.

Looking forward to it, though!

The digital version is very well implemented. It was released quite a while ago (speaking years), and was always well updated from the developer. It plays nice online asynchron. It must be a labor of love, as I can’t imagine that his efforts are paying off material wise.

The game itself attracted me for its direct confrontational aspect (I like those games more than WP-games) as well as for its somehow “counter intuitive” mechanics.

If there’s enough interest for another game, count me in. I have no idea what I’m doing but want to get the hang of it.

I’d certainly be interested in playing another game.

I think we’re waiting for Blackfyre on our game.

Sorry, I didn’t get a notify. I should remember to check manually every day.

Yeah, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t get one

amazing new update for Titan! (January 20, 2017)
much better comfort for tracking legions.
list of all legions and their component troops. tapping on flag to locate the legion on the map. adding notes to each legion.
if only i could look into hostile legions too… :joy:
great :champagne: :tada:

btw notifications keep coming through for me.
and yes, whovian223 and me are still struggling!
one of the longest Titan games ever. turn 48. lots of battles.

1 Like

Unfortunately, lady luck ran out on me very early in this game… So I’d be glad be play another one as soon as you guys are through with this one.

Regarding the update… Awesome. Must be a labor of love for the developer! Truly rare and outstanding. He should get some more coverage etc.

1 Like

I am also in for a game :grinning:

1 Like

If I can actually get the dice rolls, I’m going for one final blaze of glory because I’ve never had a Titan legion with this much great stuff.

But JammaTal is definitely going to win it.

And the update sounds awesome! I would definitely go in for another game once it’s done.

Edit: From our current game, here’s a picture for you…

Serpents against Unicorns in the marsh.

Epic. :slight_smile:

Wow.

53 turns later, our Titans mutually eliminate each other.

An epic battle in the brush between serpents/gorgons/behemoths and my army of Hydras

And everybody died.

Torn between it being an anti-climax and it ending the only way it could

i think we both made some mistakes in the final battle.
so a well deserved fate for both Titans :wink:

nah, it was a very good game and no one deserved to leave the field as loser.
so i’m happy with it.

ready for a new game?
we had some interested players. but some time has passed.
so who wants to play?

i’m in.
whovian
JMH.75
blackfyre
geigerm
johnl

a cast of 6 would be a perfect fit.

I’m in!

I know I made one major mistake in the final battle, but it wouldn’t have been enough to kill you off before that last turn. So the end result would have happened anyway.

Though I was worrying when my Titan rolled 12 dice, needing a 4 or higher to hit, and hit you 3 times…

Edit: And really, I count you as the winner. We could have dragged it on further and you could have just kept attacking me with strong non-Titan stacks to whittle me down.

In fact, I was going to try to start that ending process by using Titan Teleportation to start attacking some of your other stacks, but I couldn’t roll a 6 to save my life.

I’m still in :grinning:

In… Goal: not to be the first to get kicked out

I’ll give it another try.

whittling down the Titan stack a charming concept of course, but not really that easy.
defending on right territory would have given you reinforcements.
and you could have pounced on nearby stacks for getting archangels/angels as attacker’s reinforcements.

and you were always threatening a teleport attack on whatever stack of mine.
so i could not dare to split my own Titan stack for trying to make it stronger.
you could have exploited temporal weakness then. finding better troops can last longer than rolling a 6.
and only one Serpent was left. and i’m not too fond of Serpents anyway.
not easy to create a top class stack for the Titan.

so when your Titan was sitting on Brumble, and i rolled a 6, i decided to take a chance.
ok, it would have been wiser to stay on a jungle hex with my Titan for ever, and trying to assemble my best stacks for coordinated attacks on your Titan.
but honestly, i wanted to finish the game.
no way for me to feel like a winner.
you have well deserved the tie.

Yeah, I was ready for it to end too. :slight_smile: