Through The Ages Friendly Matches

@Snotty128, after you built an Air Forces unit, your Strength increased 8 from 9 to 17. But Air Forces provides only 5 Strength. Where is the other 3 Strength coming from?

12 Strength from Military

0 Strength from Buildings

0 Strength from Wonders

0 Strength from Government

2 Strength from Colonies

0 Strength from Treaties

Gandhi doesn’t add to Strength, so they add up to 14 Strength, not 17. So, what am I missing?

EDIT: Apparently, Air Forces doubles the Tactics Strength. Missed that in the rule book. Good to know, since I didn’t place much value in it, except when paired with Napoleon. :slight_smile:

You found it - air forces count as an extra tactic; if you built two air forces, they’d count as three tactic cards all together (the actual tactics, plus one for each air force). Pretty powerful militarily if you can afford it.

1 Like

Well, each army can only include one air force; if you want that second one to count, you’ll need a separate set of units matching the tactics card for it to attach to.

1 Like

I finally got around to playing my first match ever. It was a 1v1 game against a friend.

I just thought I’d post this here so that you all feel good about your play, no matter how bad it is:

I lost 80-3…

1 Like

Is it even possible to score that low? That should be an achievement. :smiley:

I know, right!?!

I think my people were revolting and cutting my score in half every turn without me really noticing.

What he said :slight_smile:

@Snotty128, @feederofgoats, @LordGek: Thanks for the fun game! This game showed me that Action cards are great for quickly building an urban infrastructure as long as those urban buildings aren’t destroyed. If they are, one likely won’t have the production infrastructure in place to rebuild them in a timely manner.

1 Like

Well played Mysterio! I’m surprised at how many points I ended up getting. About halfway through I realized I’d been focusing too much at my economy at the expense of victory points and was massively behind you all. I would say it was a good learning experience but I seem to do that every game!

1 Like

I’m always open for another game or two.

I’d just create one, but the last one got declined by one of the invited (or expired).

Also, I mistakenly left the 4th spot open and got some random who’s probably going to kick our asses. :slight_smile:

I would like to be in a friendly game.

I’m always in for a game :grinning:

All right, game created! And I even actually closed the 4th spot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should have jumped in to kick your asses! :smiling_imp:

My only exposure to TTA is via iOS. I know that it can be quite lengthy on the table, but am I crazy to think that the game is almost over too quickly? I understand that part of the game is about doing the most you can with the limited actions that you have, but I always feel like I am just getting started when Age IV rolls around. Maybe it is just me.

I’ve always felt this way, even when playing on BGA. My cardboard experience is limited, but the game itself obviously lasts longer - analysis paralysis, reminding people they have too many cards, etc. Even in cardboard, I recall Age 3 going by way too fast for my liking - give me a few turns to flex my tanks and rockets!

Good game, @js619 and @Tigana. I had a lot of aggression cards and war cards. I had to do something against your early culture lead . I am up for another against anyone.

I’ll play!

Me too

Me three