Through The Ages Friendly Matches

I’m always up for more invites! @athros are you going to join the revenge match @JMH.75 offered after schooling us or should we go on without you?

(Edit: just saw athros post on another thread about deleting TtA so let’s go for 3p revenge match if you are game @JMH.75 and @js619)

1 Like

Me too please!

I did. Falling behind even a little bit in Military and becoming the beat stick for multiple people is just…not fun. I dislike the inability to do anything but still having to play turns.

Thank you for thinking about inviting me though!

The resignation rule is in place for this reason. If you’ve fallen so far behind in military that you are unable to recover, and you have no chance to get back into the game, the best thing is to just resign. Staying in the game “still having to make turns” is detrimental to the game, as it rewards those that draw the most War on Cultures in Age 3.

Some may argue this is poor game design, and it definitely has issues playing the game live, but for an async online app just resign and move on to another game!

As I’ve said elsewhere in the forum, TTA is all about creating the best culture engine while maintaining military parity. Always keep yourself within a couple defense cards of the leader, and do you best not to be last in military by the end of your turn.

3 Likes

Created the game, invites being sent

I didn’t realize the resignation rule is a thing in TtA. Nothing describes it. Good to know if I ever reinstall the game! Thanks @Hardco

The in-game rule book does.

1 Like

I too am up for more games (Lord Gek).

Ah. Good call. I never opened the rule book, assuming the tutorial covered everything I needed.

1 Like

@Neumannium/@whovian223/@KYakerDude any idea what went wrong with our game? I’m getting a message that it’s locked. It’s a shame as that was gearing up to be an interesting finish

@Tamsk and @Jules - great game folks, and very close! Anybody up for another?

1 Like

I contacted the developer. For some reason when the famine hit I couldn’t play a political card. They locked the game and plan to fix it. They were very responsive.

Sorry I didn’t explanation this earlier.

Yeah sure.

No idea. I just assumed it wasn’t my turn yet…

That would suck. Only the second game to lock up on me (out of about 100) so I shouldn’t complain, but…fuck.

It was the developers that locked the game. After they fix it we should be able to continue. I don’t know about the timing though.

@Snotty128 and @Neumannium I’ll setup a second game.

I’m not sure what happened with bugs… The first 3 months of playtesting I didn’t see a single game ending bug, then two weeks before release they seemed to come out of nowhere. I think I have 4 locked games right now.

I have 3 games locked. So far, none of them have been unlocked by the devs :pensive:

Had an error in my 4p with @irishdomer08 and all, I think. Devs emailed back saying a fix is in the works and would be part of an update submitted to Apple in a week or so, and that all locked games would be good to go then, with reset timers.

Looks like I failed setting up games.:slight_smile: Somehow I made it a 4 player game, so we have a stranger. A stranger that has won more games than all of us combined. If they play their turns on a regular basis, I think we should just keep the game going.

I’m always up for more games, too–got 2 going right now, but I’m really enjoying the game and would be happy to overload myself to the point of no longer enjoying it. :unamused: