Stately Switch Games

Hard West and Phantom Doctrine are both showing as $1.99 on the eshop for Switch at the moment. Does anyone have them on the console? Are they good ports and worth the sale price?

Hard West isnā€™t worth it, the battle are far too simplistic. Phantom Doctrine is good though.

1 Like

FWIW Iā€™ve heard the exact opposite so your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Destructoid is reporting that some Korean site has reported that XCom 2 has shown up on some Korean ratings board. Thatā€™s quite a lot of hearsay, but maybe it is on its wayā€¦

3 Likes

DONā€™T TEASE ME!!!

eta: itā€™s being reported on a bunch of other sites too, but most seem to be piggybacking on the Destructoid article

50% off Graveyard Keeper?

/hacker voice

Iā€™m in.

I hated graveyard keeper, sorry. Itā€™s no stardew valley. I donā€™t want to go into more detail, maybe youā€™ll get more out of it than me

Anyone have any thoughts on Langrisser I & II ? Itā€™s releasing next week and Iā€™m a little tempted. I played the demo, and Iā€™m still trying to get my head around the point of having so many troops on the field when they could have just given it an old-school Fire Emblem treatment.

Also, for those who like physical copies of their games, Civ is $15 on amazon.

Downloaded the Demo but didnā€™t play it iyetā€¦
I found the Demo Tab on my PS4 PSN storeā€¦which is badā€¦as I havent enough Backlog already :wink:

Does anyone use a Pro controller? Does anyone use a third party PowerA controller? Does anyone have opinions on either or both? I am thinking of picking one up just for me (hands off, kids!).

I have a pro controller, I bought it for D3 as I read the joycons were not good for that, and very glad I did. I use it for most games now.

2 Likes

This is me, exactly! I bought the official Nintendo Switch Pro Controller off Amazon, and when the Switch is docked itā€™s the controller that I use, I only use the joycons when in portable mode. :+1:

Prefer the Pro controller when docked (and when not really). My joycon sticks have started to go all old-man-knuckles-grindy in feel after only six months of steady use. Pro controller is nicely designed.

Iā€™ve been trying to get in to Luigiā€™s Mansion. At first, I didnā€™t really care for it; I thought movement in general was too slow and I really didnā€™t like the controls. The game is opening up for me a bit now and Iā€™m enjoying the exploration/puzzle elements. The game itself is absolutely beautiful and could be the closest Iā€™ve felt to playing a Pixar-style animation.

2 Likes

Mortal Kombat 11 is on sale for $23.99 and itā€™s DLC for $15.99 in the Nintendo eShop. 60% off, according to the shop.

Iā€™d had my eye on it for a while but wasnā€™t willing to drop $90, so this was a welcome sale. Downloading it now.

1 Like

Let me know how it goes. Iā€™ve been playing fighting games quite a bit lately, though MK doesnā€™t work all that well with my kids around.

1 Like

Plays well, although long load times and I had to turn it off when the kids came to see what I was doing.

Side note, Iā€™m just as awful at it as I thought I would be.

For what it is worth, my favorite fighting games on Switch are Pokken Tournament, Dragon Ball Fighter Z (though Iā€™d rather play online on PS4 for the community), and Smash Bros. (if you want to consider it a fighter).

We have two of the PowerA controllers. They are mostly similar to the Pro controller, but I do miss the rumble sometimes. I prefer them to the joycons with the holder since the buttons and sticks are larger.

One caution I will give is the left joystick on one has started creaking after 3 months of use. It still works fine, but makes me question how well it will hold up over time.

Tiny Metal, anyone? Any good?