Stately Switch Games

Strongly considering it as a Christmas gift for my kids. I don’t have high expectations for its longevity, but I figure there’s about a 5% chance someone in the family sticks with it and gets meaningfully more fit as a result. So it’s probably a better expected value of fitness per dollar than a gym membership or other exercise equipment, but not by much.

I do now have some concerns about this purchase.

Surely not the first game to punch consumers in the nuts…

Shut the site down, comment of the year here.

Nuts undamaged after completing the first world (30 minutes or so of gameplay including running between fights, maybe 10-20 of that was doing varied exercise reps in turn based battles against monsters).
Worked up a decent sweat and burned a hundred calories or so, doing various exercises and running in place for about a mile.
This seems pretty great, at least for me, and you can scale the intensity of the exercises at a pace you choose.

I was thinking about it. Probably will pick it up.

Still satisfied with RFA, and plan to do a 30-60min session every other night, and every weekend day. Has a good pace of unlocking new mechanics like crafting of healing/buff potions (smoothies), and elemental weaknesses in battle. Really good implementations of coordinating the stretches you do afterwards with the exercises you were predominantly doing in the session.

Steamworld Heist and Dig are so good. I wish Dig could just go on forever.

I liked Dig 2 even more.

Ape Out has me hooked.

There is a physical edition of Wargroove available on Amazon.com. If any of you, like me, would prefer physical games over digital, check Amazon from time to time because there are quite a few games that released on Switch digitally and later had a physical release with absolutely no marketing.

This is a great tip. I also prefer to have physical copies of games as well, and have found that ebay searches also net some games that I didn’t know were on cartridge. There’s also Limited Run Games, which can be frustrating because their “for sale” windows are rather short, but they do some neat things.

I saw Golf Story for sale at Best Buy under the Limited Run label, so you could always hit the jackpot in store, as well.