Stately Switch Games

That’s the boat I’m in, I’m not feeling battery aggravation but I mainly use my Switch at the house, either in the La-Z-Boy, or plugged in & hooked up to the TV.

I don’t recall that @Private_Prinny ever reported in that he made the move (yet) to Switch with Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Disgaea 5 Complete, and the upcoming Disgaea 4 Complete+, but those would likely benefit from improved battery life if he’s in portable mode. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m just amazed you can buy a Switch at 7-Eleven in Japan.

2 Likes

So bought the FFX/X-2 for the Switch and playing it through with my 7 year old. We are not far into it yet, but she is loving it.

She had been watching me play FF XIV recently, so I figured she might like a full playthrough of a FF game. Decided on X first, since it is turn based combat.

2 Likes

Currently playing way too much FFXIV myself. X is a great Final Fantasy. I miss the turn-based FF designs.

Nintendo held a Direct today and showed off some games coming to Switch. A few that caught my eye:

Jedi Knight 2
Ni No Kuni
Divinity Original Sin 2
Overwatch

Loving this system!

5 Likes

I am looking forward to Overwatch on Switch. I have had trouble getting bootcamp to run on my new iMac, but truthfully, I was getting serious wrist problems from playing mouse/keyboard. Having it on the Switch will be nice.

It sounds like 20 SNES games are coming to Nintendo Online tomorrow. Some are classics like Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Star Fox, etc.

Divinity Original Sin 2 is actually available now digitally.

1 Like

So are these free to play but you don’t own them, like Game Pass?

It’s just like the other NES games. You have access to them so long as you have an active Nintendo Online subscription.

Meh. This is easily one of the crappiest new trends out there. Vastly prefer stuff like Games With Gold where you own the titles in perpetuity and don’t have to worry about them being yanked off the marketplace at any time.

1 Like

If you have Amazon Prime, sign up for a Twitch Account if you don’t already have one, and you can get a year of Switch Online free anyway. https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo?ref=_SM_OM_NSO19_LP

3 Likes

My biggest disappointment with Nintendo Switch Online may be that cloud saves are tied to an active subscription. I only have the one Switch, so it’s not as big a deal as with Apple’s iOS where cloud saving and device sync’ing between iPhone and iPad are useful to me, but this may be the rare time where Apple actually provides useful gaming support without an additional fee (and I hope their Apple Arcade folks don’t read this).

PS4 works like this, too. My cloud saves are only accessible while I have PS+ active. If I let the subscription lapse, which I do from time to time, I don’t have access to the saves.

What I may be most excited about is the cross-save support between Steam and Switch … not for Divinity: Original Sin 2 in particular, but hopefully as an ongoing trend … PC when sitting at the desk, continue with Switch when away, or for in the La-Z-Boy! :smiley:

If you happen to have played the existing version of the game over on Steam, there’s no need to worry about having to restart your adventure. Nintendo’s portable version supports cross-saves with the Steam release. So if you already bought the game, you’ve now got an excuse to buy it again and continue your epic journey.

You Can Share Switch And Steam Cloud Saves In Divinity: Original Sin 2

2 Likes

For me, some that caught my eye are:

• Luigi’s Mansion 3 (Halloween release)
  • Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns (September 19th)
  • Return of the Obra Dinn (Fall - I have not yet played it, despite the glowing reviews)
  • Moon (Winter ?)
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 (sold on it with the cross-save support, Steam and Switch)

My cup runneth over …

1 Like

I already knew about Luigi’s Mansion as well as a handful of others. That will be an insta-buy for my children.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa. Puzzle what?

I know! :open_mouth:

Back in 2007, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords on Nintendo DS was an innovative blend of match-3 and RPG mechanics which created an entirely new take on the puzzle genre and went on to influence a swathe of hybrids in a similar vein. Publishers D3 Go! have now announced that original developer Infinity Plus 2 is bringing a 1080p remaster with new content to Switch on 19th September in the form of Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns , and anyone who enjoys stretching the ol’ grey matter and matching three gems together should be very excited indeed.

Feature: Puzzle Quest Creator On Remastering A Classic For Nintendo Switch

1 Like

Well, I was hoping for full-on PQ 3 but at least it isn’t freemium. Now, do I want to buy Challenge of the Warlords on a third platform…

1 Like