Stately Switch Games

Yes, yes you do. :smile:

2 Likes

HnNNNNNNNnnNNNgGGgGH!

Money is a bit tight currently, and some ripples and quakes running down Mt. Backlog are frightening me very muchā€¦

I totally use the non-justification of waiting for an improved Switch 2.0 release in my head-canonā€¦nodā€¦Yes that sounds way less depressingā€¦

3 Likes
4 Likes

And another one for you esteemed gentlefolk; best 3-4 player games for players including a 5 and 7 year old? I know you lot have sproglodytes, and the new gf has two which I need to accommodate.

1 Like

Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Mario Party have been on constant rotation for my young clan (7/5/5). They rarely let daddy play, as daddy beats them.

Shrugs - I canā€™t wait til they have me covered and it is hard to win again!

2 Likes

Smash Bros. is as good as it gets. Mario Kart is great, too.

1 Like

Got Mario Kart. Unfortunately Iā€™m far, far too good at it as Iā€™ve been playing it for more than 30 years. So I definitely need something a little more scrappy and random.

Then you definitely need Smash Bros.

Agreedā€”Smash Bros. Arms is good, too, but unless you need more than one fighting game, Smash is the random-enough option thatā€™ll suit that age range best.

Iā€™m interested in Crystal Crisis, as Iā€™ve quite fond memories of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, so that might be worth a look, as well. But I havenā€™t tried it yet, so canā€™t comment from personal experience.

I found Snipperclips moderately interesting, but exacting enough to be frustrating even for my 9-year-old. Wouldnā€™t recommend for your needs.

1 Like

Sure enough, my Joy-Con and Pro Controllers had an update. Itā€™s entirely possible that I might have gotten a ā€œnagā€ alert from my Switch, but I went ahead and updated the controllers after updating to Version 9, by following the steps in this article:

PSA: Remember To Update Your Joy-Con And Pro Controllers Today, As Well As Your Switch

3 Likes

So, Phantom Doctrine on Switch is now just a ten-spot? That sounds very good.

1 Like

Only your third? Pretty sure this will be my 6thā€¦I mean 7th.

No, Iā€™m not kidding.

Canā€™t wait to see how it looks on my new 65ā€ OLED.

2 Likes

FF X is an excellent choice.
my favorite, and i have played them all.
have played through it thrice, just for fun and to see the ultimate ending.

I think the ā€œWhat is the best Final Fantasyā€ is a completely unanswerable question. I, myself, am not sure. I quite like IX, but just about any of them V-X could be at the top of my list. X certainly has a shot at the top spot with me.

1 Like

I have to be honest, FFX was a big disappointment for me. Tried several times and could never get more than a few hours in. I like the base gameplay but the story and characters were just so boring and grating. My least favorite of the series.

2 Likes

Yes, the game takes a while to get going (but which FFs donā€™t) and not all of the characters are the best of FF design. Still, all itā€™s strengths, especially once the game really picks up pace, outweigh these negatives for me. I wonā€™t argue with your early assessment, though.

1 Like

To be fair, both 6 and 7 definitely donā€™t have an issue of starting out slow. Those two are still my favorites, for all their wrinkles.

Still and all, Tactics uber alles.

2 Likes

I have found that the story heavy, slower start for FFX has been really good for getting a 7yo into the game. She really wants more story, and less fighting anyway.

Hmmā€¦I say this out of complete love for the series, but you really donā€™t think FFVII starts out slow? Youā€™re in Midgar with a limited party forever!

I was thinking more from a story standpoint. It starts out fast and doesnā€™t really slow down for quite a while.

1 Like