Stately Play Perpetual Multi-game Ladder

My gamecenter is: john_1325

A few edits for your game list:
Shards of Infinity has confirmed async play.
Potion Explosion online play no longer works.

1 Like

Actually, @jason1002 (and anyone else who missed votes) - you can click “Show vote” and the poll should allow you to cast or change your votes still.

Ok, thanks, I changed my votes.

Re Potion Explosion, they are aware and say an update will be published to allow online play.

2 Likes

Gamecenter name should be good (Schlotzky). Thanks for organizing, looking forward to it.

1 Like

That would be great, but when did they give this notice? Horrible Guild lost their multiplayer server over 6 months ago and haven’t done anything about is since…,

Well, we have almost as many voters as participants, so I think there’s enough information to allow me to pick some games!

While the vote has been going on, I’ve been mulling over how to best ensure that the list of games in each season has a good mix. I want to acknowledge the games that have clear popularity, but also give the other games on the list a chance to become more popular since (as far as I’m concerned) all these games deserve a chance.

The way I see it, we’ve got 4 rough groupings of games:

• Top tier (>80%) - 3 games
  • 2nd tier (>50%) - 10 games
  • 3rd tier (>25%) - 10 games
  • Bottom tier - 13 games

Even several of the games in the bottom tier have been featured in their own tournaments along the way, so I don’t feel they should be dismissed. Especially keeping in mind that part of the idea for this long-running format is that people can sit out if they REALLY don’t want to play something, or buy a new game, or have time to play in the current round.

So, it feels pretty good to me that each season include one game from each of the 4 tiers, chosen at random. We will play 3 seasons (based on the small top tier category) and then re-calibrate. New games that are released and “vetted” along the way can automatically slot into the bottom category and then get voted on the next time we vote.

Without further ado, here are the games for the first season:

1. Castles of Burgundy
  2. Isle of Skye
  3. Raiders of the North Sea
  4. Galaxy Trucker

As I’ve done for the Decathlon, I’ll post in another thread to see if anyone needs a practice game of the upcoming games that may or may not be owned / known / fresh, and for “vetting” of new games.

1 Like

Our first game is Castles of Burgundy!

Here’s a quick poll to allow people to opt out. The poll will automatically close in a week, at which point I will assume you are IN!

Castles of Burgundy - Are you in?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

@feederofgoats
@kennfusion
@doublebullout
@Schlotzky
@hardco
@irishdomer08
@Notsew12345
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@JammaTal
@Blackfyre
@zen4one
@robthomasson
@Dave
@rinelk
@Zebracadabra
@HolstenKnight
@SpiceTheCat
@geigerm
@JaneHatke
@Caradog
@HostileApostle
@Mirefox
@whovian223
@JHTaube
@js619
@johnl

Don’t we all still own the old Carcassonne app? Could that game be included? I think the multiplayer still works

2 Likes

And in the alternative, if the multiplayer works (which isn’t a given for an Asmodee app), I’d even play the new version.

The issue with selecting a game that’s no longer on the App Store is that it can be hard / impossible to get if you don’t still have it on your device and I don’t want to exclude people from being able to play. It sucks, but there’s really no way around it. Fortunately, there are plenty of great games to play that are still available!

Hmm… downloaded Shards of Infinity and it looks worthy, except for the fact that you have to use email address to add Friends to your list. While I think there’s a fairly high degree of trust here on SP, I’m not super comfortable asking people to share their email address around. I guess as long as people opt in to play knowing that they will have to do that, then it’s ok.

Hi everyone! I’m just trying to chase down the last couple of ladder players who haven’t voted and then we will get the first game going. We are now at 29 participants which is awesome but also means we could use one more for round / divisible by 3 numbers - please reach out to anyone who you think might want to join the fun!

@Codington - very sorry but I have realised that I’m going to be out of contact for two weeks from this Thursday so I think I need to miss this first game.

1 Like

As best I can tell, here are the table groupings for Castles of Burgundy - and the ladder begins!

For those new to tournaments (or who haven’t been in one for a while) the usual approach is that the first person in the list will invite the other(s) to a game and if there are any recommended game settings I will post them.

The last player or winner of the match then posts a screenshot when the game is complete to ensure we have a record of the results (especially since various games don’t show the final results to all players! :roll_eyes: )

For Castles of Burgundy, you should start a Casual game and add the other two players. Turn on “Shuffle” and select Map Mode “Random identical” or “Standard” to make sure all players have the same map.

Happy gaming!

Table 1
@Codington
@kennfusion
@doublebullout

Table 2
@Schlotzky
@hardco
@irishdomer08

Table 3
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@JammaTal

Table 4
@Blackfyre
@zen4one
@robthomasson

Table 5
@Dave
@rinelk
@Zebracadabra

Table 6
@HolstenKnight
@SpiceTheCat
@geigerm

Table 7
@JaneHatke
@Caradog
@HostileApostle

Table 8
@Mirefox
@whovian223
@JHTaube

Table 9
@jason1002
@js619
@johnl

@caradog, I sent you a friend request

@zen4one what is your GC name? You aren’t on GC list I think

Thanks, accepted :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve send you (@zen4one) an in-game friend request, but the invite through Gamecenter failed. How do you add friends in gamecenter nowadays? Through email Adress?

@Blackfyre - Digidiced uses their own friends system.

In the app, you can click on the person icon on the left and search for “zen4one” and then click the person icon with the green “+” to send a friend request.

PS. It looks like you are “Blackfyre1927” - I sent you a friend request for future games. :slight_smile:

1 Like