Stately Play Perpetual Multi-game Ladder

Hello all you SPers! For those that aren’t aware, I’ve decided to stop hosting the Stately Play Decathlon in favour of a more flexible perpetual format.

Here are the details…

Game selection

1. Four (4) games (cross-platform async or iOS async) are chosen from a running list in a “voting event” - which occurs during the last game of the previous “season” - so everyone knows what the next few games will be

2. Games cannot be chosen for consecutive seasons, but will remain on the list for future voting events unless async breaks or they are removed from the App Store (:cry:)

3. Newly released games which support async and have been verified as playable will automatically be added to the next season and the running list (if there are multiple new games, there will be a vote)

4. Existing games missing from the list will be added if their async capability is freshly verified

Player Standings

1. Players will be ranked in “perpetual” standings - newcomers are “grandfathered” into the middle

2. Movement up and down the ladder happens based on the result of matches (win = move up, loss = move down, tie in 3P = hold position)

Game Tables

1. “Tables” are formed based on ladder standings and an “opt in” poll for the current game in the rotation (everyone plays the same game at the same time but players can choose to sit one out and the tables just get adjusted accordingly)

2. By default, tables will consist of three (3) players unless the current game is a two player game :wink:

3. The expectation is that players will commit to as close to daily turns as possible. If you can’t commit to that for a month or so at a time, please don’t opt in for the current game.

Expectations

1. If you aren’t sure you can make a turn a day work for the next month or so, please don’t opt in for the round.
  2. Once a game starts, please message each other or post to this thread if someone is missing notifications or otherwise lagging on their turn.

I will momentarily tag a list of potential players here (the last Decathlon group) and have already created a Google Sheet for the player standings and game list.

Please reply or DM me if you are interested in joining the ladder and/or if you wish to nominate any other games or report on broken games.

Happy gaming!

Updates

Season 1 games:

1. Castles of Burgundy
  2. Isle of Skye
  3. Raiders of the North Sea
  4. Galaxy Trucker

Season 2 games:

1. Lords of Waterdeep
  2. Gaia Project
  3. Roll Player
  4. Concordia

I’m aiming to start the first season sometime in May but definitely by June 1st depending on how much activity there is. First voting event to happen mid-May.

@JammaTal
@feederofgoats
@kennfusion
@doublebullout
@Schlotzky
@irishdomer08
@Notsew12345
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@JaneHatke
@Caradog
@HostileApostle
@Mirefox
@JHTaube
@js619

I believe you all voted for the ladder format (or abstained) - let me know if you don’t want to be on the ladder for any reason.

1 Like

I’ll play…

1 Like

Are the people who voted against the ladder going to get invited? :thinking:

Either way, I’d like to play.

1 Like

I’ll play.

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

I’ll play

1 Like

I think I’m in.

2 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

LOL

I’m in too, at least to start.

1 Like

I’m in.

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

I’ll play (despite my vote :wink: )

1 Like

Seeing all your names participating really makes me want to join. Unfortunately I do not think I’d be able to keep up with the pace. Maybe I’ll join at a later time in my life…

Wishing you all good times, and really happy to see our community engaged. Thanks @Codington for organizing.

2 Likes

I share the commitment concern of @Blackfyre - but even so let me opt in.
Ladders are notoriously more forgiving than decathlons.
Plus who knows how much “later in life” I have left?

3 Likes

I’m in.

1 Like

That is a good question. Is there an allowance for opting out of a game or “taking a leave” and rejoining later?

1 Like

@Blackfyre @robthomasson @whovian223

Yes, to be clear, you don’t have to play every game along the way. You just have to commit to roughly a turn a day and finishing games that you do choose to play.

The idea is to make it your choice with no judgement and no detriment to the other players - including the infamous “but I don’t want like that game”. :wink:

FYI, as a rough guideline the Decathlon games generally took a month to 45 days to play - with some going faster and some going (ahem) longer.

1 Like