Stately Play Perpetual Multi-game Ladder

So, I do not have to play multiple games parallel? Only one game at a time ? And one turn per day at least? If all of that is true , I can commit to that and yes, please do count me in.

Thank you for clarifying @Codington

3 Likes

@Blackfyre - yes, only one game at a time! Welcome to the ladder! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll play.

1 Like

i think this is a new “most participants ever” record.

now we need @rinelk and @Neumannium to join us, please!

4 Likes

And Owen :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking I should check this out for literal years. Thanks for the nudge!

2 Likes

Thanks for thinking of me, but I’m pretty sure I’d fail at being a good competitor (not to mention forgetting to log in and take my turns in a reasonable timeframe).

This, however, made me laugh:

I’ll try to keep an eye on the results, though!

1 Like

I apply as well, but can‘t promise anything, except that @JammaTal will haunt me, so I will at least play in time.

2 Likes

I think that puts us at 27 so far? Great turnout!

2 Likes

Current ladder size = 28! I’m so happy to see such great interest in this format!

Please let me know if your Game Center name is not the same as your Stately Play name and I will update the ladder sheet to make it easier to coordinate friend requests as we go.

@codington
@feederofgoats
@kennfusion
@doublebullout
@Schlotzky
@hardco
@irishdomer08
@Notsew12345
@JMH.75
@Baelnor
@JammaTal
@Blackfyre
@zen4one
@robthomasson
@Dave
@rinelk
@Zebracadabra
@HolstenKnight
@SpiceTheCat
@geigerm
@JaneHatke
@Caradog
@HostileApostle
@Mirefox
@whovian223
@JHTaube
@js619
@johnl

1 Like

First major challenge - picking games!

Here’s the list I have kept as up-to-date as possible since we picked the Decathlon 2022 games. I believe these are all a) still in the App Store, b) async capable, c) private game / friends only game capable.

Please feel free to make additional nominations or report broken async play but we’ll kick off a big vote now to set the initial ranking of games (have to do two polls due to limit.) From there, we may need to do a second vote for the first “season” but after that I’ll try to keep the voting as manageable and infrequent as possible.

(For those that care about these things, I did an initial ranking based on BGG and App Store and then put every other game in one of the two lists… hopefully that’s a reasonable approximation of being able to vote on the entire list all at once.)

• Terraforming Mars
  • Wingspan
  • Gaia Project
  • Concordia
  • Through the Ages
  • Le Havre
  • Small World
  • Race for the Galaxy
  • Patchwork
  • Labyrinth: War on Terror
  • Galaxy Trucker
  • Sagrada
  • Tsuro
  • Potion Explosion
  • Brief History of the World
  • 8 Minute Empire
  • Evolution
  • Indian Summer

0 voters

NOTE: this is a second poll. You get up to 9 choices in EACH poll for a total of 18 votes.

• Everdell
  • Twilight Struggle
  • Root
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Lords of Waterdeep
  • Viticulture
  • Isle of Skye
  • Castles of Burgundy
  • Roll for the Galaxy
  • Neuroshima Hex
  • Raiders of the North Sea
  • Istanbul
  • Star Realms
  • Steam: Rails to Riches
  • Ascension
  • Yellow & Yangtze
  • Fort Sumter
  • Cthulhu Realms

0 voters

Roll Player has asynch now.

Chai isn’t bad.

I’d play Terraforming Mars, but it is also one that I’ve quit casual games of because of how likely it is to lose games.

2 Likes

I am ABlackfyre on Game Center.

1 Like

Mine is Coach Schlotz

Thx

1 Like

I misunderstood and put all my votes in for the first poll and none for the second

I’m mgeiger9 on Game Center.

1 Like

@jason1002 - post your second set of up to 9 game selections and I’ll re-calculate the results manually.

Cthulhu Realms deserves a slot. It’s a solid game.

1 Like

And it’s at both times familiar but new/different. Events/tournaments/ladders get stale when it is the same games over and over.

1 Like

Thanks @Zebracadabra and @Mirefox. It hasn’t gotten any votes, but I would like to try to include a new game (or at least new compared to previous Decathlon lists) every season…