Stately Play Decathlon thread

Yup, it shouldn’t make a difference who starts it. Maybe @Baelnor missed the notification. Busy time of year and all

@geigerm, it’s your turn in our LOW tourney game

i totally screwed my Galaxy Trader game,
had read the rules but misinterpreted.
thought drawing a number would activate the 3-turn timer, but allow me to go on with building for that time too.
what a mess.
typical case of not having played for ages and trying to come back to a game by just reading rules and not playing a practice game :persevere:

How bad can it be? :flushed: screenshot please?

a total mess. had calculated i would need 2-3 more turns to finish building a decent ship, and so thought it might be about time to start the timer.

that unfinished piece of crap will be destroyed in space.
my well deserved bad.

Sorry about that—I apparently forgot to finish my first turn … for four days. :flushed:

@geigerm, no problem…glad you’re back

I was so confused by that, like who is already done with their ship? It doesn’t look that bad though, and it forced me and others to bolt on a lot of suboptimal parts. My alluvial dampers are barely hanging on, I need a hydrospanner.

1 Like

I assumed it was intentional! I hope you guys all get destroyed, as my single engine isn’t getting me anywhere near the front of the pack…

I still have not even read the rules for the game and have little idea of what is going on. I played the tutorial when the game first came out, and am amusing myself by trying to play on what I remember. I am not even sure when our ships take off, we are still building I think.

Glad to see I’m not the only one lol

I like that the Decathlon is making me try/re-try new things. I don’t like Galaxy Trucker, and am remembering why now, which is fine. I also don’t like Agricola, and am in a casual game of it preparing for the tournament, but I owned both, so glad to get some use of them.

On the other hand, I LOVE Patchwork and had only purchased it for this purpose. Now I am playing it a bunch. I just downloaded Tigris and Euphrates & Brass last night, so looking forward to learning those games.

I have Brass, but have yet to play it at all; I haven’t purchased T&E yet but will for the decathlon… in the same vein, this reminded me exactly why and how much I absolutely despise Star Realms lol

I have 46 active games of Star Realms right now.

1 Like

Each one swingier than the one before? :wink:

Holy cow! I get stressed when I have 2 games of something going. You’re literally living one of my nightmares.

1 Like

I am just under 62% win-rate for the last 500 games. I don’t see that as so swingy. The key to the game is to mitigate RNG, and I think that is what I like about the game so much.

1 Like

As a fellow Star Realms fanboy, I gotta agree with @kennfusion. I’ve tightened up my game a ton over the past couple of months and the swinginess isn’t really a problem once I learned to do that.

@js619 just be glad we played base game only … :wink:

1 Like

@Snotty128 or @geigerm Galaxy Trucker has a notification on it, but I cannot figure out if there is actually something I am supposed to do right now, or am I just waiting? I don’t see any actions to take in game.

This may or may not be the problem, but Galaxy Trucker has an annoying habit of sending a notification every time there is a new weekly mission available for creating games. I stopped getting them when I didn’t play for awhile, but I expect them to be back for the duration of this round!