Stately Play Decathlon thread

Hardco could be right, or it is your turn now and it’s asking if you want human crew or an alien crew member. You’ve got one component shaped like a purple square that can support an adjacent alien. Tap the crew cabin to swap between aliens or humans.

Also, for a guy who doesn’t know galaxy trucker well, you’ve certainly built the most structurally sound ship out of the 3 of us.

I did tap it and kept it human, since I don’t have any idea if I want an alien also or not. But it still seems to want something else. Do I need to lock that choice in somehow? Nevermind, I went back in and figured it out…and took an alien with me to see what that does.

The only things I remembered from the tutorial was that you don’t want open ports and that you need batteries for lasers.

So confused, we build a whole 2nd ship now?

Yep. There’s 3 ships in total, each bigger than the last. The bigger ships can be safer and more efficient as you’ve more space to work with, or they could just be a disaster on an even bigger scale. The cards you draw in space get more varied and difficult too.

< raises hand >

2 tables to report, so here goes.

Galaxy trucker Table 2:

Snotty128: 97
@geigerm: 68
@kennfusion: 20

GG guys, I felt the cards we got were pretty bland in the end. I was expecting a lot more slavers and war zones. I guess that’s just the luck of the draw. I did feel for Kenn when he ran out of crew in the 2nd race, then had his ship ripped in half in the third.

Lords of Waterdeep Table 1:

Snotty128: 176
@JMH.75: 115
@js619: 113
@Codington: 104

GG! I had the builder lord which secured me a heap of points, but I also made extensive use of the harbour and even had one turn where I had 6 moves in a row. The quests came up for me nicely and the constant drip of rewards from my buildings kept my engine humming along.

2 Likes

Waterdeep - GG! No excuse, but I’ve literally never played the short version of the game and floundered under the perception of having no time! And it didn’t help that my Intrigue cards sucked… LOL.

This one threw me for a loop too - didn’t realize there was a shorter version. Took me until the second or third round to remember wtf I was doing anyway lol. GG all!

This whole decathlon has been super fun so far. I forgot how much I enjoyed some of these titles before getting burnt out on them. Thanks for organizing this @Snotty128!

At my tables we are poised to start ship-building phase 3 in Galaxy Trucker and just underway with round 7 of Waterdeep.

4 Likes

@irishdomer08 173
@jason1002 158
@whovian223 150

Good game!

1 Like

Good game. I had the building lord, and I was able to build 8 buildings and get the max 48 points. It was still not enough to beat mhatke.

Good game! I got a little stuck early but the win was well-earned

GG! I had a fortunate combo early on, with the quest that allows you to take the owner bonus for using your own buildings and then the quest that lets you take all the buildings from the builder’s hall.

@SleepingGiant 190
@Hardco 163
@JammaTal 156

2 Likes

Waterdeep Table 3 is done:

@johnl 182
@JHTaube 166
@KYakerDude 156

Good game, hard fought and close until the end.

2 Likes

Given the no notifications and iPad only of galaxy tucker, do you think we should look to start another game soon?

Perhaps a rftg or ascension? They happen pretty quickly

My plan was that the second set of games would be seeded from the results of the first section. I was hoping that would split the players by rough skill level while providing some tension as players climbed and fell down the table.

Are the galaxy trucker games lagging significantly? I didn’t realise there were notification issues, I assumed it was as solid as through the ages.

Table 4 has finished the build phase for the third flight. I’ve had no notification issues, and I’m doing most of my turns on the unforgivable non-universal pocket edition…

no problems with Galaxy Trucker notifications for me.
solid as a rock, quite unlike my shaky undermanned ship :upside_down:

No problems for me either! I know I have a turn waiting for me (later tonight)

Only problem with GT is how godawful I am at it. My table just finished; predictably, I came in last…