Stately Play Decathlon thread

Patchwork Table 7:
23 @SleepingGiant
15 @jason1002

GG! Seemed like the right shaped pieces came up for me at the end, I still don’t feel very skillful at this game.

2 Likes

Patchwork Pair 1 has finished.

Snotty128: 17
kennfusion: -2

GG Kenn, you managed to cover much more space with your blanket, but my economy was stronger faster and it carried the day.

That’s 7/9 of the patchwork games wrapped up. Star realms is complete too. There are two tables of Carcassonne left to go, how are you getting on @JMH.75, @js619, @johnl, @KYakerDude, @kennfusion?

I would hopefully be looking to launch lords of Waterdeep and galaxy trucker before New Years, but I don’t want you all to feel like you’re overloaded with matchups.

1 Like

We have 11 tiles remaining in my Carcassonne game, and my Patchwork with @Codington seems pretty close to the end too. Maybe a turn or two?

Thanks, that’s great news. It’ll take me a day or two to do the draw for the next two games, so it sounds like you should be close to wrapping up by then.

For the sake of my curiosity, I have made up a table of a current standings at around halfway through day 1. The final day 1 Table is the important one as it decides the seedings for the first game of day 2

1 Like

Final score in Patchwork:
@Codington = 12
@js619 = 1

Not sure if this was a fair fight as Jon had to buy the game in order to play, but I will take the much needed win at this point!

1 Like

Gah, I’ll have to watch the ending - I thought I was doing well!

I had only bought Patchwork for the Decathlon also, I have to say I really kind of like it. I have about 5 games under my belt now and just starting to get a feel for it.

I was also surprised, and I did have to buy it for the decathlon. I played it once on the table and wasn’t really that impressed, but my game with @Baelnor was fun!

I may have to play it a bit more, now that I understand it a bit.

1 Like

I’d be up for a Patchwork tournament. We can do it Swiss so we get to play a bunch.

1 Like

@jhtaube over @JammaTal in Patchwork Pair 5.
201 to 157 (sorry for the altered scoring, I switched that on to teach the kids)
I’ve never had a game line up quite like this. I was able to accelerate quickly with high button tiles early and large cheap tiles in the middle game. @JammaTal managed to grab all he free tiles and prevent any last tile placements but the damage had been done. Good game!

2 Likes

grats Joe! the alternative scoring result was JHTaube over Jamma with 39/-5

game seemed decided very early, so i played the 7x7 minigame.
it was fun to deny you the last missing piece and to win at least the 7x7 bonus against overwhelming odds/board presence :blush:

Carcassonne table 1:

JS619: 86
@JMH.75: 78
@kennfusion: 69

A pretty tight game throughout; I led early on but started losing steam towards the end. End game scoring had me pretty nervous too, with JMH racking up road points and Kenn finishing a monster city right before the end. I was saved by my fields, one of which JMH managed to sneak into! GG guys!

2 Likes

The starting 3 games are wrapping up, so I think it’s time to launch the final 2 games of day 1. First up we have Lords of Waterdeep with the undermountain expansion.

Table 1

@Snotty128
@Codington
@js619
@JMH.75

Table 2

@kennfusion
@geigerm
@Baelnor
@JaneHatke

Table 3

@johnl
@JHTaube
@KYakerDude

Table 4

@whovian223
@jason1002
@irishdomer08

Table 5

@SleepingGiant
@Hardco
@JammaTal

First player to start the game with undermountain and 45 day timer please. The winner to post the final scores, as per usual.

I have randomly split the the tables into 3 tables of 3 players and 2 tables of 4 players, due to number of players we have. As an attempt to have fairer games and also harmonise finish times, I have randomly split the group in half so everyone gets to play one 4 player Table (except johnl, sorry about that)

1 Like

The final game of day 1 is Galaxy trucker, the excellent adaptation of a chaotic real-time game, with a superb async adaptation made for people just like us. I suggest we play with the digital deck which inserts much more challenging cards into the otherwise dull first deck, so consider yourself warned.

Table 1

@Codington
@JaneHatke
@js619

Table 2

@Snotty128
@kennfusion
@geigerm

Table 3

@Baelnor
@JMH.75
@johnl

Table 4

@Hardco
@JammaTal
@irishdomer08
@SleepingGiant

Table 5

@KYakerDude
@JHTaube
@whovian223
@jason1002

The first player of each table to set up the game please, with turn based, long term turn based or unlimited turn based, classic components, digital deck, classic ship 1,2 and 3, and no giving up (phew, lots of options in this one!) Can the winner also post the final score please.

1 Like

“Codington’s Game” started as instructed. (3 of 5 games vs @js619 is a fun RNG twist!)

Here’s to another year of gaming around the corner!

1 Like

@irishdomer08 you’re mhatke on LoW, right?

Carcassone table 4:

John: 116
KyakerDude: 109

I had a big lead through most of the game but knew I had to stay ahead of the lucrative fields Kyaker was claiming. Good game!

1 Like

Ya I’m mhatke in LOW

Crap! Forgot to set up the game after you confirmed this.

Sorry about that, and thanks for doing it!

Game hasn’t started yet, should I create the table?