Stately Play Decathlon thread

Sorry about the slight delay, I fell down the Civ VI hole and struggled to get out again.

So without further ado, here is the random draw for game 3, Patchwork!

Pair 1

@kennfusion
@Snotty128

Pair 2

@Hardco
@JaneHatke

Pair 3

@Codington
@js619

Pair 4

@geigerm
@JMH.75

Pair 5

@JHTaube
@JammaTal

Pair 6

@irishdomer08
@Wulf_der_Sturm

Pair 7

@SleepingGiant
@jason1002

Pair 8

@johnl
@KYakerDude

Pair 9

@whovian223
@Baelnor

First player to send invites and the winner to post the results as per normal please.

Digidiced games time out after 24 hours of inactivity but they do not kick the player automatically. Please do not kick players for inactivity. The kick button looks like a trophy if I remember correctly and you can see that the timer has run out. We are all no doubt very busy at this time of year so please have some patience :slight_smile:

I will collate the current results into a table, as soon as civ and my kids let me. I hope you all have a happy holidays and a great new year.

2 Likes

Table 9 invite sent.

Iā€™ve never played before, so Iā€™m not sure what ā€œShuffleā€ option means. If it should be unchecked, I can start another one

1 Like

Sorry, been off the forums for a few days. Big thanks to Snotty128 for putting this together!

The only games i play on this initial list are Star Realms and Ascension, so Iā€™m in for just both of those this time around. Looking forward to playing these multi-player both for the first time.

1 Like

Just downloaded Patchwork. Be creepier, Patchwork icon, be creepierā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not exactly what you signed up forā€¦

Itā€™s unfortunate but itā€™s not the end of the world. 17 players goes nicely into 2 tables of 4 players and 3 tables of 3 players, so we should be able to finish without any more byes.

I didnā€™t sign up, I was just added in after I replied in a separate thread that I liked the idea.

Iā€™m happy to play the games I have and are familiar with though. Hope to be able to play more of the games in a future iteration.

Feels a bit odd to be reporting the scores to myself, but here I go:

Carcassonne Table 2:

Snotty128: 112
@Hardco: 95
@Codington: 72

Good field scores all round and a fair amount of making life difficult for each other with blocking moves. A 50/50 shot of getting on the big field at the end of the game gave me a chunk of points, and an improbably large castle got me the rest. I was sweating the whole time I was building that thing, by the way.

Star realms Pair 2:

Snotty128: 22
@Wulf_der_Sturm: -18

A very short, violent, blob infested game with me getting early trade pods and the stealth needle. GG!

Well played! I tried to cash in on being the only one with an available guy to play, but I ended up waiting to long to steal the field we shared, and @codington jumped in beforehand.

The big town was well built, with no real chance I can remember to get in on itā€¦

1 Like

Good game @Snotty128 and @Hardco - very cut throat from the start with me having a couple of meeples stranded early on! Uphill after that and well played by you both (as expected!) Fields were the only thing that saved me from complete embarrassment!

Looking forward to the rest of the games. In the meantime, happy holidays to all and sundry!

1 Like

Carcassonne Table 3

@JHTaube 110
geigerm 102
@JammaTal 87

Great game, guys! I spent so much time making sure I didnā€™t get squeezed out of the big field that I might have missed a couple of opportunities along the way. Joe earned the win with solid play throughout.

Merry Christmas to all!

2 Likes

Gonna be delayed on my turns till tomorrow night, probably - Internet is down and awaiting the Fios techā€¦

Edit: thank heavens for tetheringā€¦ might just be slow.

Patchwork table 9.

@whovian223 over @Baelnor 19-1.

I was doing much better at getting button pieces than I usually do.

We both had -26 points, so the buttons we had on hand after the finish were the deciding factor

Good game!

1 Like

Great game! I was playing button catch up all game and just couldnā€™t compete. Well played!

1 Like

Patchwork table 8:

KYakerDude over @johnl,
28 - 15

Nice game John! You were raking in the buttons at the end, I think you were getting twice as many as I was.

1 Like

Thanks for posting @geigerm. Christmas festivities delayed me.
Excellent play by all. As usual, came down to a desperate fight over the last big field.

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Patchwork Pair 4
geigerm 18
@JMH.75 3

Good game! As is often the case, the 7x7 bonus made a difference.

Gg @geigerm! I really could not keep up with your button collection.

1 Like

Patchwork 2

Hardco (28) over @JaneHatke (6)

I had an early lead, but it evened up towards the middle of the game. Once I forced a pass and grabbed the 7x7, that advantage carried me throughā€¦
Good game!

1 Like

Congratulations on your win, @Hardco! Good game!