Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

Mathematically, doesn’t color bonus have the potential to be the highest scoring category?

1 Like

Um… yes… sometimes the most obvious things elude me… :stuck_out_tongue:

In theory, you could get 60 points from colour bonus alone! :rofl:

I know the math can go a few layers deep depending on the mix of objectives but sometimes it can even be advantageous to play a private objective dice and mess up one of your rows or columns, considering those objectives are worth 4 or 5 and you could possibly place a 5 or 6.

2 Likes

Nice win, @whovian223!

2 Likes

As expected, Sagrada has gone by pretty quickly…

Just checking in with Table 1 to make sure things are going smoothly… (no rush)

@Hardco @feederofgoats @Baelnor

We’re on round 5 right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the update - sounds like the rest can spend some more time getting the hang of Le Havre… (Jump over to the Practice Arena thread to find a game!)

This is true. If a 6 in your color comes up, it’s rarely better to pass on it just to avoid messing up a row/column bonus.

Coming down to the end of the month and I’d like to get Le Havre started ASAP.

Checking in with Table 1 again… (slight rush now :wink: )

@Hardco @feederofgoats @Baelnor

We are in round 9!

1 Like

Three dice left to drop :slight_smile:

So many red dice…. I thought it was evenly distributed…

I think you’re probably joking, but just in case…

There are 18 dice in each of the 5 colours, but the balance is going to be off in the later rounds due to randomness (that’s pretty obvious.) What’s less obvious is that distribution is likely even more off with 3 players because there will always be more dice “in the bag” than are needed.

For example, Round 9 would see you with 34 dice still in the bag and only pulling 7.

Worst case scenario (highly unlikely, of course) you could get to the end of a 3 Player game and 18 of the 20 remaining dice could be the same colour! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Sorry - my fault! Work has been getting in the way of my gaming.

1 Like

No worries - but let me know if you need me to talk to your boss. :wink:

2 Likes

One more dice to lay for @feederofgoats and we are wrapped! GG! My money is on @Hardco to take the first place, not sure on second.

I had the yellow goal and I swear there was almost nothing in the way of yellow cubes making it my way!

Great game all!

Well played guys!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Happy Chinese new year and we are on to the second game, right on time!

Game two is a real Tiger, ranked #56 overall on BGG (#48 in Strategy), and takes some effort to hold on for the ride with a 3.73 / 5.00 Complexity rating - Le Havre!

The first player at each table can go ahead and create a 3P (no bots) Online game and invite the other two players to the game. The “Full” game is highly recommended, with the more experienced / adventurous welcome to add the Grand Hameau expansion buildings for some extra fun. If everyone at the table is a brand new player, you might want to try the “Short” game but it really doesn’t do Uwe’s amazing design justice!

Game Center friend requests may be needed - this should be available via Game Center in the Settings app on your device: tap on “Friends” and you should see “Add Friends”. You will need to know the other person’s email or mobile number, so send a DM via Stately Play if necessary.

As usual, the winner of each game will please post a screenshot to this thread of the final outcome including scores.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Table 1
@Hardco
@JMH.75
@doublebullout

Table 2
@SpiceTheCat
@whovian223
@HostileApostle

Table 3
@Notsew12345
@feederofgoats
@geigerm

Table 4
@Schlotzky
@Codington
@JHTaube

Table 5
@johnl
@Caradog
@Baelnor

Table 6
@kennfusion
@irishdomer08
@jason1002

Table 7
@JaneHatke
@js619
@Mirefox

As for learning, the app has a fairly extensive tutorial with multiple chapters, but if video is more your style, there’s always Rahdo to count on:

Rahdo Run Through: Le Havre

1 Like

Forgot to comment on the dominant performance of our reigning champ in Sagrada: I would love to see @hardco’s window - it must have been a masterpiece! :slight_smile:

I don’t consider myself particularly good at Sagrada, but everything came together with a lot of purple in the early rounds.

3 Likes

@js619, @Mirefox, invites sent

1 Like