Stately Play Decathlon 2022!

I notice that the game I got for Christmas from @SpiceTheCat doesn’t appear on the list, coincidence or a sign of his meticulous preparation for the decathlon? :thinking:

4 Likes

There’s still room for 2 more games later in the Decathlon! :wink:

The choice was Wingspan or Root, and clearly Root was the better option :wink:

2 Likes

I am hoping that Everdell is released in time to make it in the Decathlon this year.

Root is soooo good, but I don’t know that it is a good decathlon game.

1 Like

Root = Great gift; terrible Decathlon game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oops - hang on! I counted 21 players but had @geigerm on the list twice. We need one more player!

@Codington
@kennfusion
@Mirefox
@geigerm
@Schlotzky
@HostileApostle
@Baelnor
@JaneHatke
@irishdomer08
@js619
@feederofgoats
@doublebullout
@SpiceTheCat
@JMH.75
@JHTaube
@whovian223
@johnl
@jason1002
@Hardco
@Caradog

I wonder if we get can draft @LordGek into joining? He has to have all of the games! :slight_smile:

1 Like

(only) in case no other player will come to the rescue, then you can count me in, @Codington.
can’t let you all down.
but just a word of warning: should i play i have the intention to win! :flushed: :joy:

good grief! this will backfire badly :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for offering, but I’m going to pass.

I’ll gladly take two spots if it means I get to combine points from both … :thinking:

4 Likes

My cousin is a gamer and I could try and recruit him but a) he may have to buy more games than he wants and b) I don’t want to take the place of a regular like @JammaTal if others want in.

it’s ok, @Mirefox. get him in if you can!
i’m just a substitute in case no 21st attendee can be found.

I talked up the Decathlon to my son a few days ago, let me see if he is interested.

2 Likes

@Mirefox @doublebullout - any luck on the family recruitment? :slight_smile:

I’m interested!

4 Likes

:wink: !notseW ,emocleW

@Notsew12345 is my cousin and way better than me at these games.

That gives us the numbers we need, right?

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Happy new year and here we go! (Take 2!)

Our first game is a dice drafting and pattern game, ranked #158 overall on BGG (#10 in Abstract), and gives us a “gentle start” with a 1.93 / 5.00 Complexity rating - Sagrada!

The first player at each table can go ahead and create a 3P (no AI) Casual game with password and send a DM to the other 2 players with the password. (Alternately, if you are friends with the other two players already, you can create a direct invite from the Friends list.)

As usual, the winner of each game will please post a screenshot to this thread of the final outcome including scores.

Good luck and happy gaming!

Table 1
@Hardco
@feederofgoats
@Baelnor

Table 2
@kennfusion
@JMH.75
@geigerm

Table 3
@irishdomer08
@doublebullout
@Schlotzky

Table 4
@jason1002
@Codington
@SpiceTheCat

Table 5
@JHTaube
@whovian223
@JaneHatke

Table 6
@johnl
@HostileApostle
@js619

Table 7
@Mirefox
@Caradog
@Notsew12345

Learning links:

3 Likes

Yes, we are good to go now - and your reward is you get to play the first game with your cousin who is way better than you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks much for reaching out @Mirefox and, again, a big SP welcome to @Notsew12345! I’m always happy to see someone new join the Decathlon and the forums in general - you’ll be happy you did!

1 Like