Stately Play Decathlon 2021

Saw it and accepted.

1 Like

Will accept it when Iā€™m on my iPad later tonight.

1 Like

Table 1

I didnā€™t end up with any powerhouse cards, but I made the most of my sparrow and some high point value birds. I thought for a second I was going to lock up first in the tournament, but @feederofgoatsā€™s tucked cards came through to pull him to second, and I think it comes down to tiebreak! Good game everyone!

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to wait for other tables to be finished before revealing the winner, but just to confirm - yes, this means @Hardco and @feederofgoats have the same number of points and the same number of wins - well done!

Well played @Hardco and @KYakerDude!

I thought Iā€™d done well in this game, only to find that you beat me by 23 points! I clearly am missing a trick in how to play Wingspan properly.

Good luck in the showdown - this decathlon has been really fun.

3 Likes

Nice game. I have no clue about how to play Wingspan, this was my first game against real opponents. Just glad to be a part of the top table.

Table 5 is finished.

We were all close on birds and bonus cards. Eggs and round goals were the difference. GG!

2 Likes

Nice win! Well played.

1 Like

Nice win Greg!

1 Like

Thanks! I was sweating the last phase, laying eggs like crazy for 4 straight turns hoping it would be enough.

1 Like

Like I always say, games make you say the strangest thingsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How we tracking team?

Keen to see where yā€™all are at!!!

1 Like

@SpiceTheCat, @Schlotzky and I are near the end of round 3

@SpiceTheCat you are up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Restarted Table 6 with myself, @whovian223, and @johnl is also just about finished Round 3.

1 Like

Nice game, @Codington!

1 Like

Thanks! Here are the detailsā€¦

How does the saying go? You have to be lucky to be good, and good to be lucky? I had a reasonable plan from the start and the cards and food and other random aspects seemed to go in my favour more often than not.

Building decent food and egg ā€œenginesā€ including a couple of ā€œfree stuff when another player does somethingā€ birds really set me up well. And getting a ā€œstar/wildā€ bird early on helped with the nest matching final round goals meaning I was able to dominate those points. Lastly, getting a couple of birds that gave extra bonus cards and finding some synergy there really pushed me over the top.

Good game and thanks again for being understanding on the timeout situation!

1 Like

Is there just one game left? In a few weeks, @Codington you will need to start the 2022 game selection thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, just one table left! Right on time for starting the 2022 process, indeed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last table has finished! GG @Schlotzky and @SpiceTheCat

3 Likes

Gg!

1 Like