Stately Play Decathlon 2021

Hi all! Well it has been another great event - and we got it done with time to spare in 2021!

Thanks to everyone for participation, patience, and perseverance!

This year saw some epic battles, introduced new games to some of you, and rekindled interest in some old games.

Without further ado, here are the final standings:

Wins Rank Player Points Tie-break
6 1 @Hardco 40 Head-to-head
6 2 @feederofgoats 40
5 3 @Baelnor 36
6 4 @kennfusion 34 Wins
4 5 @JMH.75 34
5 6 @KYakerDude 32 Wins
4 7 @geigerm 32 Wins
3 8 @irishdomer08 32 Wins
2 9 @JammaTal 32 Head-to-head
2 10 @doublebullout 32
3 11 @Schlotzky 30 Head-to-head
3 12 @jason1002 30
4 13 @Codington 28 Wins
3 14 @SpiceTheCat 28 Head-to-head
3 15 @JHTaube 28
3 16 @whovian223 26 Wins
2 17 @JaneHatke 26
2 18 @johnl 24 Head-to-head
2 19 @HostileApostle 24 Wins
1 20 @js619 24
1 21 @Mirefox 18

Kudos to our medalists - an epic final tie between @Hardco and @feederofgoats had to be broken by looking at their head-to-head record! And @Baelnor leap-frogged from 6th to 3rd with a win in the final game!

Special mentions:

@Hardco - the ā€œKing of the Hillā€ award (repeat tournament win)

@kennfusion - the ā€œAll or Nothingā€ award (only wins and losses, no 2nd place finish)

@JammaTal and @doublebullout - the ā€œRunner-Upā€ award (most 2nd place finishes - 7/10!)

@Mirefox - the ā€œPerseveranceā€ award (most losses)

@KYakerDude - the ā€œMost Improvedā€ award (jumped from 14th in the last event to 6th place)

@Codington - the ā€œHelp Iā€™ve Fallenā€ award (fell from 3rd place tie in the last event to 13th place :wink: )

@HostileApostle - the ā€œRookieā€ award (new to Stately Play!)

All in all, I think we can call this a successful Decathlon and I look forward to starting the process all over again next month! Until then, happy gaming!

11 Likes

Congratulations @Hardco! And thanks for organising @Codington (Iā€™m sure the stress of organising is why you got the ā€˜Help Iā€™ve Fallenā€™ award!)

This has been a really fun competition, and really smoothly runā€¦ Looking forward to next yearā€™s event!

Mike

2 Likes

Congrats @Hardco and great finish @feederofgoats! Thanks for running this @Codington.

I look forward to the craziness of picking the games for our 2022 competition.

1 Like

Congratulations to our winners! Codington, it was a great tournament. Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into this so we could all enjoy fun competition! Looking forward to the next one!

3 Likes

I was sort of hoping for a tiebreak 11th event, but Iā€™ll take the win! Well played @feederofgoats, Iā€™m sure we get more head-to-head matches in the 2022 decathlon!

Thanks for running the event again @Codington. Does this also end the tradition of whoever runs the decathlon also wins it? Iā€™m not sure whether my memory is too accurateā€¦

1 Like

My life is a perseverance awardā€¦

1 Like

Thanks everyone for a great event this year and @Codington for running the show. Looking forward to next year!

1 Like

Thanks for running the show @Codington!

1 Like

Thank you, @Codington! Excellent job this year.

1 Like

Echoing everyoneā€™s thanks for organizing and running this tournament. Looking forward to the next one!

1 Like

New thread created for 2022 Decathlon discussions

1 Like

Thanks @Codington for running this and congrats to @Hardco on the win!

1 Like

medal of excellence in organizing and management for @Codington :medal_military:
and medal of outstanding gaming brilliance for back-to-back winner @Hardco :medal_sports:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Had a lot of fun this year. Hopefully I can show some improvement in next yearā€™s event.

Thanks for the good games and friendships!

5 Likes

Congratulations to @Hardco, and many thanks to @Codington for a successful Decathlon. Nice to play a bunch of new games (Castles of Burgundy awesome, RftG essence of tedium :slight_smile: ). Ready for 2022.

2 Likes

although i lost miserably in the Decathlonā€™s CoB it was the most-fun event for me.

i think itā€™s time for trying to defend my 1st SP CoB championship title and make a call for the 2nd run.
anyone else interested?

5 Likes

Iā€™d probably play, mainly since I donā€™t understand the game and probably need to play more. Easy wins for whomever is at my table.

Iā€™m always up for more CoB.

Also up for playing more CoB.

Same here. Loved CoB, never played before this yearā€™s Decathlon.