Stately Play Decathlon 2019

Whoops, I just forgot to hit confirm as well. Sorry to my table for the delay.

Great game guys.

Close call!

Snotty128 : 190
@JHTaube : 189
@Hardco : 175

It doesn’t get much closer than that! Well played everybody. I have to confess I got the pen and paper out to work out my last move. I ate a whole bunch of corruption to use the monsters made easy building, but I got to make 6 moves unopposed and I think it was worth it. Lucking into the early lieutenant and magisters orb quests certainly played a big part for me too.

No, @JHTaube’s loss was due to not recognizing you for the threat you were! Gg!

Good game @Snotty128, Wish I could have watched a replay of your final 6! moves. I hadn’t banked enough extra quests to make that worth it.

GG

@Codington - 201
@irishdomer08 - 162
@js619 - 157

I was able to create a bit of an “engine” that allowed me to take and return skulls, so leveraged the advantage of using those places and buildings. Even still, I was on my toes until the last round!

I felt good in the beginning but then that engine took over! GG!

Good win!

Table 7 is all wrapped up. Good game!

1 Like

Mirefox lost 91 from his corruption, but then gained 52 of it back again because of his Lord. Plus he got to take a whole bunch more cubes during the game, getting all that corruption. But Congrats, @JaneHatke !

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t balance it all perfectly. On top of that, I got the lieutenant right away so I was just using any space I wanted with not much thought of the corruption consequences. I maybe took two or three more than I should have.

Thank you! Great game, all!

A thought for the 2020 decathlon: what about leaving the tenth game as a wildcard and allow voting late in the year so that new games have a chance of being included? Just as an example, had that been done this year games like Shards of Infinity, Castles of Burgundy, etc. could have a chance if making the decathalon.

7 Likes

Great game, guys:

geigerm: 155
@JammaTal: 147
@whovian223: 133

I was able to pull off two late quests—and dump all but 1 of my corruption—for a comeback victory.

1 Like

Great game! It was kind of heartbreaking to see the final turn recap… LOL

1 Like

yup. great finish by geigerm. had an answer (fitting intrigue card) to all whoes.
even getting rid of my last-turn-mandatory by handing it over to you :roll_eyes:

Well, turns out you can win with the building chick!

Great game, @SleepingGiant had an awesome engine going early.

I was lucky enough to get some solid buildings and then high value quests (40/25) and even a few intrigue cards that convert to VP.

Oh, and then I milked Intrigue cards with my draw/play another quest

And pretty sure I fed @Neumannium everything I could :slight_smile:

Yeah, you got some starting good draws with the lord of buildings and the library of unlimited magic, and also played your hand excellently. I had at least 3 mandatory intrigue quests saved up for you just when you played that card that reveals and prevents mandatory quests, in turn 7. GG to both you and @Neumannium!