Stately Citizen Journalism

My Mystic Vale expansion post is live.

And I even reference all of you and our desire for async multiplayer.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: Don’t know if it will help, but we’ll see!

4 Likes

Commandos might actually be even better for me on iPad. Due to its real-time nature, I didn’t do as well with multitasking as I might with the touchscreen. I know, I know, get gud and all that; Commandos beat me up, though.

I remember really enjoying the first one when it came out, but I had reflexes that were twenty years younger (gasp!) then… don’t recall if I ever played anymore of the series though. May have devolved into WoW by that point?

I like having something to read every day :slight_smile:

CoH is probably my favorite RTS series because I liked the WWII setting. That being said I generally suck at RTS games on the computer and I’m a little worried about how they are going to translate the controls to a touch interface.

New game coming out 8/23 by Sam Barlow (Her Story). I had no idea this was coming but I am more than happy about it!

3 Likes

Ouch…

1 Like

Aargh that wasn’t a dig. I flit between the two and to be fair, the forums here are more than worth the entry fee. I just miss your words.

*stops digging…

Anyone else having trouble with TtA and / or Galaxy Trucker? Can’t login to either, tweet to CGE hasn’t been answered so far.

same here. no connection to server in TTA and Galaxy Trucker.

1 Like

1 Like

Apple planning $4.99/month price for Arcade game subscription service after free trial, works with Family Sharing

1 Like

Yeah I’m good with that pricing given the games they’ve shown for it. Overland can’t come soon enough!

1 Like

It isn’t the price that concerns me, but the way Apple has, in the past, been borderline inept at handling gaming. I’m very, very cautiously optimistic, if the software is good.

1 Like

I don’t know how much they’ve talked about it, but they are hiring (assume by this point they already have) someone to curate the games that come to the platform. This is them recognizing they’ve dropped the ball in the past and have contributed to awful practices in the market simply by enabling them. They’re betting heavily on this from what I’ve been told and are putting a not insignificant amount of money into it.

Overland will be the reason I stump up the sub, at least to begin with. Also nice to take a game off the vapourware list.

1 Like

I remain skeptical at games as service.

My preference is to buy and play at my leisure. A subscription creates tension within myself that I have to play to create value.

2 Likes

Yet nothing about stopping volcanoes.

1 Like

Fully agreed with this sentiment. Been looking forward to this one ever since it was announced circa 2014’ish it seems…

You’re not alone!