Stately Citizen Journalism

Thanks for nothing, Slitherine:

I don’t play games on my computer … kind of why I supported getting an iOS version made. However many years ago that was.

Memo to editors of iOS sites everywhere: please stop pretending Slitherine has any interest in the platform.

1 Like

Never played the original, but I recall it getting a lot of love in our old digs…

2 Likes

Saw a tweet from Toucharcade about this one and downloaded it (free) to see what the fuss was about. Be forewarned, the tutorial is… lacking, at best. Supposedly there’s a great game lurking underneath the confusion, but I didn’t have the time / inclination to overcome the frustration. Others may feel differently, as some are saying that it’s very much like a deeper Polytopia once you get past the learning curve. Heck, it’s free to try… IAP unlocks the full game, apparently.

1 Like

I tried it for bit and think it has potential. The thing that turns me off is the lowercase “a” in the app title…

That’s your issue with it lol?

Wow, yeah, thats not for the faint of heart is it? Im liking what Im seeing and Im looking forward to seeing if this game is as deep as its suggesting it is.

Haha, yeah. I’m messed up, right?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

a Planet of mine is a freemium done right civ builder and space explorer, with 4 races for free and a meaty 300 turn game mode. Well priced iap unlock more races and an endless mode. Ive played through the free mode once and I cant wait to get stuck into a new game.

(Dont know why the forum has decided this is a reply to jules, sorry)

1 Like

http://store.steampowered.com/app/655480/Solar_Settlers/

Lands tomorrow. From the Dev of Militia.

1 Like

Ticket to Earth has now gone on sale for the ridiculously low price of $2. I’ve given it a try and really enjoy it. The beginning was rough, either the battles were too easy or way too hard. It took some time for me to figure out how to play. I’ve finished Episode 1 and am completing all of the missions and trying to complete all the objectives to get ready for Episode 2.

There is a nice story in there with interesting characters. It looks like the tech tree is huge and will provide plenty of expansion for the remaining Episodes.

I really hope there is an Episode 2, 3, and 4. I’d be willing to pay for the expansions to encourage the developer to make them.

I like the idea of this game, I’ve unlocked all the cards, but it is just a hard game. I think I’ve completed less than half of the scenarios. My success seems very dependent on the randomness of the events, the upgrades, and the cards I get. If I play well, and the cards work I win. It is just that more often than not the cards do not work out for me. So my impression is that I have a 20% win ratio. If it were just a little easier or maybe I played better I would play and enjoy this game more.

Any hints for better play?

I went from about the same win ratio as you to about 50 by not neglecting to get one or two cards with the search ability. Takes care of some of the RNG by allowing you to chose the next location or event that you’ll run into. Also don’t be afraid to take a damage to get past the enemy event just to keep moving, the worst thing you can do is stick around in a single area, letting the frost catch up to you.

Paperback’s new update adds async multiplayer support!

My friend’s game now crashes on startup, so not sure about the stability of the update, but I was able to create my account and log in with no problem.

3 Likes

Seems like some folks are having crashing issues and some aren’t. Mine has been fine since the update…

Mine too, but my friend’s game crashes upon opening now.

Terra Mystica is headed for the stars. :smiley:

I saw this and will most likely buy it even though I had to sell my copy of TM because my group loathed it.

It really needs a solo mode. Haven’t checked to see if Gaia Project has one.

There is a solo mode, according to a friend who is testing the game.

Bottom of the 9th by Handelabra just released. I don’t really know anything about it other than that it is an actual tabletop game and that Handelbra knows their stuff.

It seems to be iPhone only, which is definitely curious.

2 Likes

Store page says it’s compatible with iPad and iPod, so it’s probably like Lost Cities with its magnification option. Still disappointing, though, for a 2017 app.