Stately Citizen Journalism

Strange, I beta’d it on my iPad and don’t recall an issue magnification wise. Great little cardboard game, little filler’ish. Definitely think it’s better in cardboard - there’s some dice throwing with your opponent that’s frantic and adds to the fun…

Over on BGG, Handelabra said that there is a universal update coming at some point.

Toucharcade is reporting Episode 2 will be a free update on August 24th - http://toucharcade.com/2017/08/17/ticket-to-earth-episode-2/

2 Likes

Another new update (the final content update) for Frost today as well.

2 Likes

I have to get back into that one - I enjoyed it for a bit but stopped playing. Probably when other stuff came around.

Apparently Hold the Line just showed up on iOS/Android/Steam.

Another Hexwar game, but I don’t think I’ve heard of this one.

Anybody going to try it and see if the Hexwar curse is still going strong? :slight_smile:

I’ll do it … for an $11 fee.

2 Likes

Tsuro is the free app of the week? I dont know anything about it, but it got linked in my boardgaming group Tsuro - The Game of the Path by Thunderbox Entertainment

I own the physical mainly because it is quite good looking. It might be the lightest game I own. You simply put a tile down and push your stone along the path you create, trying to be the last person to run off the board or crash into another stone.

The app looks quite nice and is worth owning for free, but don’t expect much. It is a good “zen” game, children’s game, or gateway game, but there’s little depth.

3 Likes

Completely concur. It’s beautiful in cardboard, with the stones and all. The app is good but I didn’t think it was worth the whatever my buddy paid for it. For free though…

After my experience with 1812, I’ll let someone else take this particular hit :smirk:

Also downloaded Tsuro as a freebie. Fun light game, but requiring a Facebook login for MP- er no, don’t think so.

Just received Asmodee Digital’s e-newsletter, and their GenCon 50 announcements.

Coming in 2018 from them:

Zombicide
Scythe
Terraforming Mars
Bananagrams
Gloom

I know some of that had already been announced before, but I know Terraforming Mars is new at least (as is Zombicide, I think?)

Hadn’t heard the TM - that’s pretty huge.

Stephen Buonocore (is that right spelling? I can’t be bothered to look it up :stuck_out_tongue:) announced it on the Dice Tower live show and then I saw this email too.

I love when any med-heavy games come out on iOS. They are unlikely to hit the table at my house but having the chance to test them and play them if I enjoy them is very, very welcome. I’ve got Scythe in shrink still and may return since the app will probably serve all my needs.

sorry Mirefox, but Scythe is only coming out for Steam.

this is the headline for me.
not really interested in all the other stuff.
so this Asmodeean announcement-mania comes down to a BIG FAT disappointment.

and why should Terraforming Mars come to mobile if Scythe does not?

1 Like

indeed no FB login needed for playing Tsuro MP.
GC friends list for inviting old friends and new iMessage invite option for inviting new friends.

Super disappointed in this too. Pretty certain I’ll never get to play Scythe now.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. Very disappointing.