Stately Citizen Journalism

AutoChess is on Android, which is pretty fun.

I like the idea of it. Will certainly check it out when it comes to iOS

My friend:

Now, there are IAPs which I know is off-putting, but Iā€™m not sure what they do. From what Iā€™ve been able to tell so far thereā€™s nothing about the core gameplay loop that you could possibly spend money on. Itā€™s all cosmetic stuff at the moment - Profile Avatars, Chess Masters, Game Boardsā€¦ because things play out automatically without participation, each player can be looking at the same match with different window dressings around them.

Whether it remains that way weā€™ll see but so far the spirit of the mod is alive and worth checking out if you havenā€™t already. Just beware a match can take like 30-40 mins, so you have to make sure you have the time.

Is this the real version, or a knockoff? I assumed the latter.

Itā€™s the real version - it has to be completely devoid of DOTA 2 IP or they could be sued, but the group that made the mod is called ā€˜Drodoā€™ and theyā€™re credited on this app. Dragonest is the publisher theyā€™ve signed with.

1 Like

Thanks!

Itā€™s tomorrow for me in about 30 minutes.

3 Likes

New tribe for Polytopia

5 Likes

Somehow I missed the news about the least likely game I could have imagined:

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics

Apparently it is a strategy RPG in the same vein as Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea complete with jobs and gear and al the good things we expect from the genre. And it is set in Jim Hensonā€™s Dark Crystal world. What?

Anyways, color me excited. I know it is coming to Switch and PC, but not sure what else.

4 Likes

PS4 and XB1 as well as it seems.

Despite being a sRPG Otaku I give this game a hard pass. Art-Style and Source material is so NOT my cup of tea that even a good gameplay loop/system is not gonna salvage this for meā€¦that and the impeding colapse of Mount Backlog :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like the art style. It reminds me of Septerra Core and maybe some other similarly-aged games. Iā€™ll be picking it up for my girlfriendā€™s Switch provided it doesnā€™t review poorly.

1 Like

And here I thought I was the only person who played Septerra Core. I loved that game.

1 Like

If any of you were particularly looking forward to the Harry Potter version of Pokemon GO, itā€™s out now.

3 Likes

Played but did not finish. Got it on GOG a while back, but Iā€™ll likely never revisit it. It was pretty novel, setting-wise. Donā€™t recall why I never finished it (also never finished Dark Earth, which was similarly novel).

DOTA Underlords just launched on mobile, which seems to be Valveā€™s version of a third party mod of one of their games.

Iā€™ll probably give this one a try at least.

2 Likes

TouchArcade is reporting that there is a sequel to Meteorfall on its way called Meteorfall: Krumitā€™s Tale. Apparently, it will have many of the same characters we already know but will have a a deeper hand management system.

Personally, I like the idea of card-based roguelikes but I also feel like we are over-saturated with them. Iā€™m always happy to give a quality developer a chance, but I hope this one differentiates itself in some way from all the similar games currently on the market.

2 Likes

And that reminds me to poke Eric on reddit to see if thereā€™s gonna be a pre-release beta for that one, since Journeyā€™s did.

Early access on Steam with mobile to follow according to what theyā€™ve tweeted.

Did anyone here know that Le Havre updated a month ago and added the expansion? I thought I remembered Codito closing up shop more or less a number of years ago, but they seem tI be actively supporting the games theyā€™ve already made. Or am I completely wrong about them?

3 Likes

They shuttered but Chris is a standup guy and still supporting the apps in his spare time. Didnā€™t know about the expansion! Will check it out

4 Likes