Stately Citizen Journalism

Just saw Terra Mystica landed on Google Play. Not sure about iOS.

Yup its there. Im about to go to sleep, hopefully there will be a SP affiliate link for me to click through when I wake up

I tend to get first dibs on any releases from European developers here in the UK. I wonder if thereā€™s a way to automatically append the SP affiliate link to any appstore or Google Play links posted here.

I have no self control and too much spare money so I usually just bite the bullet immediately after seeing a new release land, but if I could post the link here first and affiliatificate (totally a word) and then buy the game from that link, Iā€™d be more than happy to help support SP.

4 Likes

Im the same. This time Ive tried clicking on a different affiliate link to open the app store, then searching for terra mystica. Hopefully I can trick the app store in that way into knowing Ive come from SP

Sorry for letting you down on the lack of a link. I was on vacation last week, so telling my family to hold on while I wrote a post became a little tricky. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s too late to rake in that sweet 7% any more. Iā€™ll have links when the review goes up (if it doesā€¦having a hard time wrapping my head around the digital version. I know how to play the tabletop game, but thereā€™s so much info off screen here that I find myself getting lost), but by then the apple commision will be down to 2.5% :frowning:

Interesting update coming to Guild of Dungeoneering. Sort of a tiered high score challenge mode. Also a free weekend to play it if you havenā€™t already.

As Dave reported over on BGG, Castles of Mad King Ludwig will be on sale for only $1 on May 24.

Now only if there were online multiplayerā€¦

Jaipur is out on iOS, too. Never played the cardboard versionā€“is it worth it?

The cardboard is a good filler, IMHO. Some depth, in terms of when to take / trade in cards, but I didnā€™t love it when I played it on BGA async. Itā€™s definitely one of those games that needs to be played quickly - Iā€™ll probably await some reviews before buying.

Iā€™m digging the UI and the tutorial is decent, havenā€™t jumped into the campaign yet as Iā€™m at work.

May be biased as I do love the physical game and have owned 3 sets (they had a tendency to get destroyed at the pub).

If you are looking to scratch that Heroes of Might and Magic itch on iOS, you might like Palm Kingdoms 2 (PK2). Itā€™s a total knockoff of HoMaM, but a well implemented one, with dozens of interesting map packs. It kept me entertained for about 100 hours. I remember finding it more compelling than the actual port of HoMaM3.

And, while looking this up trying to remember the name of PK2, there appears to be a new offering from the same developer called Royal Bounty Remastered. I havenā€™t tried it yet, but now Iā€™m intrigued. Let me know if you have played it and would recommend or disparage it.

[edit: reading a little more about Royal Bounty, it looks like they may have just taken a few of the best maps/quests from PK2 and repackaged it to try to monetize it differently, so Iā€™ll probably skip that one unless I hear rave reviews about it, but I still give PK2 a thumbs up, hoping they havenā€™t tainted it with aggressive marketing ā€“ the latest update mentions something about pop up ads and there were no ads at all when I played through it a year or two ago.]

1 Like

I used to play Palm Kingdoms 2 a while ago. Pretty great game and, youā€™re right, I think itā€™s better than the official port of HoMM3.

1 Like

According to AppShopper, push notifications were added to Tokaido. Does this mean that online is asynch now?

I am really digging this rogue-like game Rogue Wizards at the moment. FTP and you can buy a coin doubler to support the game.

This rogue wizards game has some amazing potential, but for me it is very unstable. Im only in the 3rd dungeon and Ive crashed half a dozen times already.

hmmm, that sucks. I have not had a crash at all yet on an iPad Air.

[quote=ā€œSleepingGiant, post:132, topic:134ā€]
If you are looking to scratch that Heroes of Might and Magic itch on iOS, you might like Palm Kingdoms 2 (PK2).[/quote]

and which games come close to an async M&M feeling?
ok, in a certain abstract way TItan HD.
and maybe Legends of Callasia.

any other games?

I was just watching Tom Vaselā€™s review of the RftG app, and he mentioned @halfvoid right near the end. I thought that was cool!

3 Likes

Not only mentioned, but apologised to me for not immediately joining my game. (at 15:19)

2 Likes