Stately Citizen Journalism

I am on chapter 8 of FF 13 right now and I really should just finish it, and am really enjoying the story, but I HATE the ATB combat system, so I have been working on it slowly for like a year.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had those same thoughts. I used to love sinking 40+ hours into console games, and now Iā€™ll never finish anything that long. Having kidsā€“and therefore feeling like I donā€™t have as much time to playā€“is part of the issue. But Iā€™ll find myself not starting some games until I have a long period of time just to get started.

The stupid thing is that I probably put as much time into short, simple games on my phone or iPad as I would into finishing a solid RPG.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t played FF13 since it launched but I do remember the final chapter or two being a much welcome change to the game. Youā€™ll see what I mean. Unfortunately, the youā€™re stuck with the battle system.

2 Likes

All the above.

I think ā€¦ I wonā€™t start X until I have a real chunk of time available, which is not now, so I will just play this easy to pick up game and then find that I have spent a right old chunk just as @geigerm says.

I really want to play The Witcher 3 but I stopped The Witcher 2 at the start of chapter 3 (@JammaTal syndrome). I canā€™t restart until I have time to spend mugging up again on the systems and remembering what fits where. So I just do another Shadowrun mission instead.

No complaints - this is a first world problem.

Also the weird thing ā€¦ sometimes there is an element of ā€œI will really enjoy that so I will save it up, keep on looking forward to it, and play this other merely great thing insteadā€. That probably applies to Dishonored 2 for me right now.

2 Likes

Sigma Theory Beta has kicked off.

https://www.sigmatheorygame.com/store/

1 Like

Got the email on that todayā€¦ another one for which Iā€™m stuck waiting for the iOS port.

Ascension just updated with Valley of the Ancients expansion. I can only it assume it adds more cards and some form of mechanic to the game - havenā€™t played it yet, although Iā€™ll certainly buy it. Send all matches my way.

3 Likes

Your assumption made me laugh.

2 Likes

Shall I send you a separate invite just for this one, or did we want to end one of our other games? :slight_smile:

Youā€™re not alone. Life does just get in the way. Iā€™ve been playing the heck out of Invisble Inc on my iPad recently, because for some reason that is the game i need right now, but it is just so adaptable to whatever else is going on. I can play one level, or a couple of turns of a level, or blast through a whole campaign.

I would love to sit down and spend time with a game (I really want to finally finish Signal from Tƶlva) but it isnā€™t going to happen. Heck, i havenā€™t even been playing Into the Breach because that requires a laptop, and nope.

1 Like

Whatever your pleasureā€¦ whatā€™s one more Ascension game at this point lol

1 Like

Some guy I feel like I recognize for some reason posted over at BGG that Love Letter is out now on iOS. He also posted that it continually crashes on his iPhone XS Max. Since I literally bought the same phone yesterday, Iā€™m not rushing out to buy and test Love Letter. The app description does state that there is online, but this is Asmodee so you know the odds of it being asynchronous are about the same as the last Mega Millions drawing.

2 Likes

Donā€™t listen to that guy. Heā€™s a hack, Iā€™ve heardā€¦

2 Likes

Steam Halloween Sale is on until Nov 1. Lotā€™s of stuff on sale.

1 Like

Old school RuneScape for mobile is out for IOS now.

EDIT: Link (because I forgot)

Was anyone else on the edge of their seat when they brought 2K out at the Apple announcement event? I really thought theyā€™d drop XCOM2ā€¦ but no, some NBA nonsense. Iā€™d have bought the new iPad for XCOM2 without batting an eyeā€¦

4 Likes

I was not watching, but I think I associate 2k with their NBA games more than anything else, just based on popularity. Granted, I like their strategy titles better, but I (and we) am in the vast minority.

Does anyone have a web-based alternative to AppShopper? I donā€™t know what the deal is but it has not really been updating the last couple months.

1 Like

Same here. I havenā€™t received a version update or price drop e-mail notification in what feels like over 3-4 months.

The only one working since some months is: https://appsliced.co/
Not as simple as app shopper but gets the work done.

2 Likes