Stately Citizen Journalism

I’m on iOS.

Sonuva… shoulda done that. The editor and investor pack is on sale too for half price; it’s worth it for the editor. I didn’t want the investor pack, but you can disable it in preferences so I grabbed the IAP.

Ganz Schon Clever is out on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.brettspielwelt.ganzschoenclever

UPDATE: Full English options now in place!

It’s out for iOS as well, but despite the description implying English options, it is ONLY in German at this point.

I guess I’ll just sit with this purchase until the inevitable English options hit.

Oh, as a side bit, has anybody here ever seen the iOS Leaderboards in Friday (by the same dev)? After several updates, I still have never seen my score or even the global leaderboards themselves, being told I need to be connected to the Internet to access them (which none of my other apps, correctly, don’t assume I’m offline).

1 Like

A game I backed and which I believe could turn out nicely… inspired by games like Dwarf Fortress (which I never played but heard a lot about) and Rimworld ( which I loved).

Sorry for not getting on top of some of these. Having a bad week at work coupled with preparation for Gen Con. The next week or two should be full of stories, however.

1 Like

Luca Redwood (of 10000000 fame) got the ‘meet the developer’ treatment on the front page of the NZ App Store. Not sure this link is going to be any good if you’re not on the nz App Store though.

2 Likes

Looks like a new expansion has landed in Star Realms.

More multifaction cards!

No clue why they didn’t just combine the 2 multifaction exps in one. I understand why in the physical version they were 2 packs as in that format they couldn’t do more than 12 cards in a “booster pack”, but in the digital game it was so arbitrary to only release half of this new idea.

1 Like

Simple answer: $$$

1 Like

It seems that Among the Stars is on sale (though appshopper.com has been broken for a few weeks, so that may not be right). For those of you who have played it recently, is it worth the $3? I bought it when it released and asked for a refund within days because of the broken multiplayer.

1 Like

If anybody else is interested in giving Yakuza 0 on PC a go, you can get a Steam key from voidu.com for $13.40 right now if you use the promo code (prominently displayed on their homepage) SCHOOLSOUT, which gives 20% off on top of the preorder price. They said it was $12.95, but after Paypal did its conversion from euro to USD I paid $13.40. Pretty good deal, and I already activated the key on Steam, so it seems legit, and I did some digging first and didn’t find any bad reviews of the place like some key resellers.

1 Like

For that price definitely worth it. Even I am thinking of buying it (again) since I am such a hardcore nerd for the Yakuza series…

I was surprised by how much I liked Among the Stars. I haven’t done any multiplayer yet, but I had a good time with the campaign and in some AI practice games.

It really needs some expansions, though. The base game is pretty vanilla.

I’m thankful that the PC release happened this year so I can put it on my GOTY list without feeling like too much of an ass. What a great game.

Pocket City is out for iOS and Android; it got a lot of love on Reddit during the alpha and beta, so much that I preordered it for $4.99, which is still the going price. Billed as a Simcity type city builder, back before Simcity sucked. No IAP shenanigans either. Have yet to play it, but will try to update with impressions when I do.

3 Likes

Pocket City is out today. Price is $4.99 USD.

It’s super simple, no real difficulty. Great for people who just want to build up. Worth it so far.

2 Likes

Been playing for about twenty minutes, and fully agree on the difficulty level. But it’s a lot of fun so far!

edit: apparently, there are more difficulty levels, as I saw something that mentioned hard difficulty. Also, it’s a battery hog. Hopefully corrected in an update…

There is a lot of info to sift through from GenCon and I don’t want to scoop Dave, but I just wanted to say that I’m excited about the announcement of Five Tribes, coming Q3 2018!

1 Like

I reported this on Friday, but the post isn’t showing up in Discourse or allowing comments. I do not know why, but will try to fix it.