Stately Citizen Journalism

FIā€™m not certain of why preorders exist either. Itā€™s not like thereā€™s a discount for it.

Gotta make sure they know how many to produce!

5 Likes

turning the bit hose crank like an old time meat grinder

3 Likes

It looks like a bunch of Asmodee titles are on sale yet again. The sales are becoming frequent enough that I may stop posting about them, but when I see a bunch of board game apps in my ā€œownedā€ tab with sales prices I tend to rush right over here to let you know.

Pocket Gamer is going to be (or already did) stream the Lord of the Rings LCG on Twitch for any that might be interested. They have done this in the past with Scythe and in that case they did have replays available after the live stream.

1 Like

For the probably one other person on here who plays games like this (and likely already owns them), 777 (makers of the iL-2 [creative capitalization in the interest of making those letters actually distinguishable from one another] series) is having a summer sale of their own. I checked to see if the campaigns were on sale, which they havenā€™t been before, and they are! So I picked them both up, and to get the Ten Days of Autumn campaign I naturally had to get Battle of Moscow ($17), tooā€¦sigh.

Because they want to cash in on people that heard of it beforehand and may have forgotten all about it when Release happens (or they get info that the finished product is not up to standards in whatever way (word of mouth, beta, leaks, etc.)

Also to plug holes in your finances RIGHT THE HELL NOW than laterā€¦

Has anyone tried Dungeon Maker: Dark Lord? I just read a glowing review over at TA, but I do take those with a grain of salt. It sounds like it is a card/strategy/roguelike hybrid with you taking the role of the bad guy building a dungeon. I originally dismissed it as yet another bad non-game cash machine, but now my interest is piqued a little and Iā€™d love to hear impressions from people with a more stately mindset.

While far from deep, Iā€™m finding it an amusing time waster.

Each round you fight off a wave of heroes trying to raid your little grid of monsters and traps with you on the other end to pick off any straglers. After you clear the wave youā€™ll then get to make some minor upgrade (like a new trap, a new monster, a new piece of equipment, or to upgrade either yourself, a monster, or trap). Rinse, repeat.

You start the game with 2 Dark Lords to choose from but, with enough play, youā€™ll be able to unlock several more all with their own unique powers to use in future runs.

1 Like

Thanks! Sometimes time wasters are what I need.

Be warned, the art can be a littleā€¦ embarrassing depending on your company. Not quite Tanto Cuore, but getting there.

I remember being mortified when I was somewhere very public like the train or the bank and my turn would be up in Tanto Cuoreā€¦

Definitely some pixelboobs.

Istanbul is out for ios and Android right now. I havenā€™t had the chance to fire it up, but Iā€™m up for a game if anyone else has picked it up.

Iā€™d play. mhatke on that app

Count me in. Itā€™s made by acram so Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be solid. Iā€™ll try to get up to speed today

Is it iPad-only? Iā€™m having a hard time finding it on my phone.

I found it and downloaded it on my phone.

I just searched ā€œIstanbulā€ and it was the 2nd or 3rd choice.

Weird. Maybe it is a regional thing? When I search ā€œIstanbulā€ all I get are 100 travel guides. Even looking for other games by Acram brings up nothing. Maybe it is not out in the US yet.

Edit: I see it now.

1 Like