Stately Citizen Journalism

I use the appshopper website for ios. Good for app price drops but haven’t seen any app or website that tracks price drops of IAPs/dlc. I use ps4deals reddit website that does a good job tracking all the current sales for the ps4. For pc, i just use the steam wishlist.

I use pen and paper, honestly. But I have a hunch my list is significantly shorter than most Stately Players’ [I hate you - ed.] efforts.

For one thing, I only use one platform (iOS), with some infrequent forays into Steam. So I don’t need multiple categories.

1 Like

Crusader Kings now has a board game port.

In a slightly meta way, I’m now homing for an asynch mp iOS port. You know it makes sense.

Crusader Kings: the Board Game: the Video Game: the Movie: the Video Game: the Novelization.

1 Like

GOG’s summer sale just began and it is absolutely worth checking out for some rather amazing sales on some great games, all DRM-free. Most games are older, so don’t go looking for the new AAA titles, but there is a lot of good, meaty gaming on sale.

I picked up Panzer Elite for $1.50 and have absolutely no idea how to play it.

For those of you with a PS4 (and PlayStation Plus), X Com 2 is free this month.

3 Likes

When did Digidiced fall under the Asmodee Digital label?

Huh? Which game? Or all of them?

I’m not against Asmodee taking over the job of publishing these games if their participation means more quality control, but they have yet to show any of that, in my opinion, so I don’t really know what to make of it.

Patchwork

The latest email Asmodee Digital sent out included Patchwork A:ACBaS, and Le Havre: Inland Port as new releases… It seems like all Digidiced except Terra Mystica are listed as being part of the Empire.

Good lord. They’re like a Goko that actually publishes stuff.

But I’m with @Mirefox — I’ve yet to be blown away by their QC.

Woohoo! There is a new Command & Conquer game coming to mobile!

Wait, what? It’s by EA? And it’s free-to-play? And EA said that microtransactions are for “more diverse and powerful units?”

Sorry, to ruin your morning, friends…

1 Like

this is a really good question…they haven’t sent us anything in regards to a digidiced takeover, which is very odd.

Wow, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami are both coming to PC, the first on August 1st. Guess I’ll finally get to play them after all.

2 Likes

You are in for a treat, hopefully they don’t release in a wonky state. PC Masterrace folks can be such prissy Primadonnas and the franchise needs the recognition. So initial impression matters…that is if Sega manages to generate enough buzz for the launch…Since the „too little too late“approach can hurt sales…see the release of the classic Valkyria Chronicles remastered on Steam…anyways more Yakuza the better…waiting for the remastered (sadly not remade) Versions of Yakuza 3-5 for PS4 (if localized)

Feral is bringing Tropico to iOS later this year - https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/20/feral-tropico-coming-to-ipad/

Premium and no IAP. Fuck yes I’ll buy that, especially by Feral (Rome Total War and expansions and others)

3 Likes

Awesome!

I really like the city builders like Tropico or Anno where there is a little bit of RTS-style progression. Don’t get me wrong, the pure sandbox city builders are a blast, too, but I like the “build x so you can produce y so you can build z” formula quite a bit.

Note that it is tablet-only, which is a slight bummer but not a complete deal breaker for me.

You may recall “Scrolls,” the sophomore game of Minecraft studio Mojang, and how it went under. Well, it’s now been resurrected by the fans and is free under the name “Caller’s Bane”. I installed it and gave the tutorials a whirl. Reminds me a lot of Duelyst, actually. We’ll see if it stays cool or if I get seriously annoyed with it like Duelyst.

2 Likes

Pre-orders for Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind are now open! When did pre-ordering iOS apps become a thing?

Edit: lol, and of course pre-orders are only available on iOS11. God, Apple sucks.