Stately Citizen Journalism

Anybody else kind of annoyed with how the Void works when you have a card that lets you defeat a monster in the Void? The Void opens EVERY TIME YOU PLAY/TAKE A CARD. We keep on having to close it again and again and again and again…

It was fine before. It lit up notifying you that you could do something in the void, but didn’t actually get in the way.

Hey, @LordGek: We had six constructs in our opening center row. Never seen that before.

Will you Ascension people get a room already?

5 Likes

For you JRPG fans, SE just releasd Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on iOS, which is memory serves right was a PSP remake of the original? Or maybe an original PSP game. I don’t remember; I’m old. Anyways, I never saw any news that it was in its way and the usually iOS gaming sites haven’t even posted about it yet, so it sounds like a stealth release.

More of a port than a remake, and some “gameplay improvements” (which don’t mean anything to me because it’s been way too long since I played it but are detailed on the Wikipedia page) that they made to the English release of the original were actually left out of the PSP version. At this point I’d probably just play it on a PSX emulator. Anyhow, it’s out on Android, too.

Le sigh…not a huge fan of VP so I am a bit biased here but of the many great IPs they have in their library they choose THIS for a mobile release?

I’m more intrigued by the stealth release. I could wake up any day and have FFVIII or Vagrant Story…

I never even came close to finishing it, but man did that, “To my side, my noble Einherjar” voice sample at the beginning of battles ever stick with me.

That phrase is even on the screenshots in the Shop, lol

On a side note…with the release of iOS11 and the forced death of the 32bit AppShopper App my spending spree on mobile has screeched to an abrupt halt…I don’t frequent TA and the AppShopper page is…less than useful…

Mixed feelings about this…in hindsight seeing my mobile spending spree was primarily fueled by sales which I was notified via AS app and on top of that my completion rate vs backlog size…maybe the APPocalypse was a good thing and should have happened sooner for me?

I am pretty much sure that at least @athros will roll his eyes to my comment here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not to rehash the Ascension discussion, but did anyone notice there’s a chat function now? I just saw it - top right corner… after all these years!

1 Like

Yes! But don’t worry too much, it is new and you haven’t been missing it for years. There is also a little icon in the lobby screen that shows if there is a message in any given game.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s very handy!!!

Now if the game would actually speed up a bit.

Hopefully there will be an update soon, as there are a couple of problems with the latest version.

Though in general I really love the new UI.

Sorry for the double post, but there’s an update dropped today that unfortunately hasn’t fixed a couple of issues I’ve had with Ascension since the new platform was released.

Hopefully they’ll be fixed in the next one, @Strangiato?

1. Being able to defeat something in the Void (not sure if this happens if you can buy something in the Void) makes the Void expand every time you do anything (play a card, activate a construct, etc). It’s really annoying to have to close it each time you do something.

2. Some transformations cause the game to come to a complete stop, though it doesn’t actually crash (you can even tap on cards to look at them). Getting out of the game and going back in solves the problem (thank God it actually remembers where you left off! Which I think may be new, but I don’t remember).

Otherwise, I’m loving the whole thing (ok, dragging cards to the void or your deck could be a little less touchy, making allowances for almost making it there rather than having the card slooooooooowly go back to where it was before).

And we now go back to the normal non-Ascension talk in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh. I have a couple of friends with iPad 4’s who refuse to go to iOS 11 and have them loaded up…and barely play anything on them. I use TA, here (when they cover games I want to see), reddit’s /r/iosgaming and AppShopper to keep on top of things.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth has some problems with straight touch. The platforming sections are a lot more difficult I’m slowly working my way through it for the 10 or 11th time. Something like that. Still daaaamn good though.

with relaunch of the new TA website the iOS app is officially dead now.

the most useful feature for me was the watchlist.
i can’t find something like this on the website :flushed:

do i miss something?

The watch list is coming back. They saved the data. It’s just not up and working yet.

1 Like

The app was long dead. Same for the app shopper app. Just because they were on the store didn’t mean they were alive. Apple stopped allowing updates to apps of that type a looooong time before.

And @KYakerDude is correct. They’re building up he functionality now.

That app was nothing special. And there’s about 40 other ways to make watch lists.

could not be updated but it wasn’t dead.
all articles were there, comments functioned and watchlist kept sending me valuable notifications regularly.
a nice way to stay informed about updates for no longer installed apps.
it was much more useful than the website for all the time.

just now no new content any more.

Do people have a favorite? My ideal would be an app which gets a badge when one of your watched games is discounted, allows the addition of DLC and not-yet-released games, has an option to watch developers for any new releases, and allows games for multiple platforms (for me, that’d ideally be iOS, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch). Is there anything like this?

1 Like