Stately Citizen Journalism

Absolutely! I have no experience with the expansion, so it’ll be a learning curve.

@Mirefox so far the UI changes seem ok; the only things I can say is that I was used to the old one so it’s unfamiliar, and there’s a LOT of purple. Updates to follow…

I’m always up for some friendlies as “Lord Gek”, especially since the “Find Game” aspect is currently busted in iOS. :rage:

I’m game for some Ascension too…

Landed on Android as well. I’m also up for a game or 2 or 100.

(halfvoid in-game)

I am up for GoE games.

@Mirefox You can change the purple in options … that is, if the purple you mean is the purple I mean … after all, one man’s purple is another man’s heliotrope …

Purple was @js619 ‘s observation. I have a 3-year-old girl so purple is my life…

@robthomasson thanks for the tip - didn’t realize it was dependent upon the expansion you “selected” in the menu. And @Mirefox I feel your pain - 5 year old and 3 year old girls here, I’m well acquainted with all things pink, purple, and sparkly…

Oh yes. Thanks for the redirection. My 4 year old granddaughter is more into straightforward pink but purple is definitely okay with her as well …

My wee mans favourite colour is orange. We can only assume it’s because I dress up in orange hi vis for work every day, so it’s the last and first thing he sees of me on the daily. Sounds kinda egotistical when I say it like that, but maybe the daddy power really is that strong.

On the subject of ascension, that’s the next game in the decathlon and one I know practically nothing about. I’m assuming we should let the pairs of players pick the expansions that suit them best, but just wanted to make sure there was nothing in the update that should alter that decision.

I mean, they could have waited to update until the tourney was over. Seems kinda rude to me :wink:

2 Likes

I’m down for some new Ascension games as well–mgeiger9 in Ascension. Outside of the endless rematches @Emos and I have going, I haven’t played much in a while.

I’m up to 10 games now, all 30 minutes or less, all “waiting for host.”

Considering players who like fast Ascension usually behave like meth addicts, I find this extremely unlikely.

Conclusion: this update broke online multiplayer.

Async multiplayer games with friends have been working fine so far.

Email notifications for Ascension are working, but the native Android notifications are no where to be seen on my device.

I can see in our log files that the server has been sending you Android notifications with a reply of “success” from the google server, so it looks like they are working on our end. Maybe check that you have notifications enabled for the app on your device?

@Strangiato Where would be a good place to submit a suggestion or complaint about the UI?

There’s a really annoying issue with the Void when you have something that lets you defeat monsters in there. I’m assuming it’s not a bug, exactly, but more just an interface thing.

Thanks.

I’ve got them enabled for the app in the Android OS, I’ve got them enabled in game (both email and system notifications), and I do remember them working before this build. The email notifications do work though.

I haven’t played for a few months now though, and it could just have broken in one of the Android OS updates (I’m on 8.1.0 currently)

Happy to help debug if there’s anything you’d like me to try out.

All Ascension invites accepted at ItsTheDukester.

I’ve got all the sets and all the promos, so pick your favorites.

I seem to be suffering a disappearing card bug in my games with @robthomasson and @whovian223… I touch a card to look at it before taking it, and it disappears, leaving only 6 cards in the center row. @Strangiato, have you guys seen this happening elsewhere?

No, haven’t seen that. Do you mean only 5 cards left in center row?

What type of device are you playing on? Is this happening in multiple games or just one? And does it continue to happen if you quit the app and restart it?

Please send a screenshot or two to support@playdekgames.com and we can try to track it down there. This thread doesn’t seem like the appropriate place to continue the discussion.

1 Like

Oops, yes, 5 cards. On an iPad Pro, 10.5, using latest iOS. Seems to have resolved with a force close and restart, which I did before trying to grab a pic. Both times it happened they were end cards on the row- I’ll try replicating it and send a pic if I can.